TMNT-L Forums
June 18, 2018, 09:17:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which version of Raphael did you like?
Mirage/Image
Original Toon
Archie
Movies
Next Mutation
4Kids
IDW
Nickelodeon

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Version of Raphael Did You Like?  (Read 17741 times)
TurtleTitanMusician
Stocktronics

« on: January 17, 2007, 09:14:57 AM »

Raph turned into a rebel when TMNT started doing movies.  But I liked him on Next Mutation because he had his own wheels (motorcycle).

My fanfic Raph's the same, a total motorcycle rebel.  But he also plays the electric guitar doing rock & jazz, sometimes singing.  Raph's a super guitarist!

EX-CEL BAND

Ex-Cel Dude; Guitar. vibes, tympani, lead vocals
Mikey; Drums, tympani, vocals
Scott Charles; Guitar. vocals
Silver Sentry; Bass guitar
Nobody; Organ
Mallory Banks; Tenor Sax
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 11:12:35 AM »

Hehehe couldn't wait for it to come up eh? LOL   hehehe

I mentioned in the first topic that I am going to do each of the Turtles (the Mike topic), though I try not to do too many polls in a week like to space this stuff out so we always have active topics going on.  Though it's great when others join in and get topics started.  Just found it funny to see this one posted already Wink

Difference is not a lay out for each of the areas like what I normally try to give on the different areas of TMNT for the Turtle of choice.  I can't do it right now, but if anyone else wants to take a shot at it, feel free too.   This week I've been too busy to sit down and work out any really long topics, if anyone realize I've been a little quiet.  Working on getting things ready for the TMNT Party that I'm doing at my house in February.  I know I'm still seen around, because I do keep checking the board just don't have time to work out a topic where I have to think of each TMNT story and character Wink

I'll vote and pick my answer on this at a later time.  Just had to jump in and comment fast.  *G*

Leonardo
Irma

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »

What do you expect, Mikey? This is perfectly Phael in style!

Like the others, I loved the original Mirage Raph as the source, but I did enjoy the character in the movies.
It seemed to me that Raph was really the favored character in them. (Although Mikey also got a lot of attention in the third.)
But I also love what they've done with Raph in the new Toon, too. The relationship and interactions with Mikey have been great, and they've got what seems to me to be a great sense of Phael style humor.

I'd write more but I better wrap up and get ready to get to work soon.
 Very Happy/Big Grin
Raphael
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Mess with the best, get bapped like the rest!

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 01:27:31 PM »

Well, I voted for the 4Kids version although I was seriously tempted to pick "Other".

I've developed an affinity for the #TMNT version of Raphael. Wink

Raph, King of the Sewers!  "> (Clever contractual obligation thingy)

There is nothing a good bapping won't cure!

"                   
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 01:32:45 PM »

LOL!  Yes the #TMNT Raphael totally rocks!!!!  Wink   LOL

Kazari
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

kazari
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 02:00:55 PM »

I totally voted for 4Kids Raph!!

Absaraka
Stocktronics

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 11:29:06 PM »

I went with 4Kids.  That series has been able to show a VERY serious depth to Raph's character--which some casual fans would never believe he's got.  4Kids hasn't been afraid to show Raph's inner struggles, which Fred Wolf, AFAIK, never did, and the movies gave short shrift to.  Seeing Raphael in tears in "Tales of Leo", though--THAT was special.  Seeing him help Leo make new swords on the farm--THAT was touching.  And when he told Don and Mike to let Leo at the Rat King because Leo was having issues--THAT was what sold me.  That was when I knew the writers at 4Kids cared about him as a character, and that's one of many reasons 4Kids gets my vote.

Raka

Visionary, Mystic, and Healer

Next Capitals game: 10/5, at ATL (First game)
Donatello
TMNT-L Mod Squad
Rocksteady

Sharon D Lee
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 11:56:48 PM »

Oy.. this one was a toughy since I liked all the different versions of this Raph (yeah, that even includes the orginal toon, TNM, and the archies!).  But I voted for the 4kids one, since he seemed to be like a hodge-podge of all of the above.  ;D

Have you hugged a robot today? Love
Ninjara
Ultimate Ninja

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 05:31:03 AM »

Being totally biased I checked 'Other'.  I mean, what other choice do I have?   LOL
Buslady
Hun

Raph's Favorite Bass player! ^.^

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 12:40:55 AM »

I picked movies BUT...just movie 1 raph. he's different in the other 2...he's just not all him him...I do like all and any Raph though. Each take on him is just one facet of him. He always seems more human than the others as well...I dunno maybe it's just me.
To me, this version is huggable. If he likes it...or not! Love  Love  Love

AristaNiara
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 11:32:12 AM »

I'd have to say the 4 kids Raph as well.  I'm not sure why but for some reason, there's just something about that Raph which I REALLY love.  Again, I'm not entirely sure about what it is that I like.
Ninjara
Ultimate Ninja

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 09:21:21 PM »

You know, I thought with a few days going by, and now that I actually have a few minutes to myself, that I would be able to make a somewhat coherent, or reasonably intelligent comment on my favorite Turtle.  But you know what?  I don't think I can.  It's like this is too close to me.  Can't see the forest for the trees kind of thing almost......and.....I'm being very honest here, after I did some reflecting, on to the how and why Raph became my favorite and took hold of my heart.....it's kind of scary to admit.....or look at.

Ummmm, but I can say that I've enjoyed all the presentations of him we've seen.  The only 'Raph' I never got to partake much of was the Next Mutations version.  Not because I chose to.  It just was taking place at a time and a day that I could never get to for various reasons.

What I like, that everyone from Mirage, to movies, to 4Kids has done is how each time Raph is presented to us, we get another piece of information about him and what makes him tick. Some of it is so subtle you can almost miss it.  And that makes it kind of fun.

Enigmatic.  Seemingly contradictory.  Capable of so much violence, and yet so gentle handed.  Playful.  Such a jock, but he's into sitting around reading.  The more things mean to him, the less he says.

*sigh*  Rolling Eyes
LenniluvsBrian
Bishop

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 12:39:40 AM »

I decided upon the Movies, though 4Kids is tied with it. I mean, in the movies - him & Leo hugging in the first movie is Awesome! It shows he knows Leo cares, but is willing to drive him crazy anyway-lol. And the 3rd movie [my fave[ Raph realizes his temper when he tells Yoshi to watch his own temper-lol.

4Kids though - I LOVED his temper!!!!! I still remember when he attacked Mikey & they had to stop him! Hmm...wonder if I've got that on tape somewhere....*ponders*.....

OH! & I Loved Raph in those cartoons that were after the original ones. Yanno, around 1998 or so - THOSE ones! Lol.

I didn't like him in Next Mutation - he was too gaga over stupid Venus!

~Lenni~

"This is NO time for jokes Michelangelo!" -Splinter
"No! Really Sensei! I've got an idea!" - Mikey

"Watch your back, Brainiac!" - Raph
"Isn't that what you're here for, Raph?" - Donnie
Mindy
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

Author

Google Talk
mindymousie mindymousie
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 08:23:41 PM »

Quote from: "LenniluvsBrian"

~Lenni~

Which 'Next Mutation' did you watch?  Surprised  I remember him being very aggressive towards Venus. I guess you could say that "opposites attract" but I don't think he was very interested in her Razz He saw her as more as an annoyance - ah! Like a big brother would to his sis. But I digress! Razz

I'll come back to this thread and edit or bump it up with my opinion. Sorta in a hurry, whoosh! LOL

Buslady
Hun

Raph's Favorite Bass player! ^.^

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 09:43:32 PM »

Quote from: "Mindychan"
Quote from: "LenniluvsBrian"

~Lenni~

Which 'Next Mutation' did you watch?  Surprised  I remember him being very aggressive towards Venus. I guess you could say that "opposites attract" but I don't think he was very interested in her Razz He saw her as more as an annoyance - ah! Like a big brother would to his sis. But I digress! Razz

I'll come back to this thread and edit or bump it up with my opinion. Sorta in a hurry, whoosh! LOL

I bet Raph was agro towards MeiPei cause he liked her and he kept himself from showing it. Typical Raph behavior.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled