TMNT-L Forums
June 21, 2018, 06:04:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review NYC Comic Con 2007  (Read 7448 times)
Shredder
Rocksteady

« on: February 24, 2007, 07:58:19 PM »

I got video of the Ubi-soft TMNT Video game panel, so I'll be uploading that ASAP.  Said my quick hi to Mike Sinterniklass, an even quicker hi to Sean Schemmel who was literally leaving the buidling(for lunch), and dropped by the Mirage guys and Kevin Eastmans booth.

Don't know if I'll be going back tomorrow, but today was fun Happy/Smile..

Edit - More memories.  Gary Richardson said that TMNT Fast Forward - Season 2, is going to be in production soon, if it isn't already.  Peter Laird is looking to bring the boys home to our NY's time.    I had a tough time trying to explain what I meant by the animation reverting back to what it was in the first seasons.  I didn't want to say 'cheap' animation right in front of the guy, because that would be kind of insulting Happy/Smile.

Edit 2 - Aww Crap, Kirby Morrow(Michelangelo:NT:TNM) was at the stan Lee panel...I didn't know about that Happy/Smile.

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 04:42:28 PM »

Hiya,

Sorry changed the topic.   Since really we should have one review topic per a convention/event we don't need to have a lot.  So to make it so everyone could use this topic with it making since was by changing this to a review of NYC Comic Con not just one day.

I'm going to do a review once I get home.  I still gotta think of how to word it... cause this event was insane!  TOTALLY INSANE!   So yeah... um, I'll do my review later *G*

Kazari
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

kazari
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 08:57:59 PM »

Okay here you go:

Thursday: Really felt bad on the way there but finally when I was there, it was okay. It rained super hard on the pike so I couldn't see that much and half the cars didn't know what headlights were! I'm so surprised I didn't get lost! Blah! I bummed around the room and watched Star Wars til Mibu and Ninjaplease got there.

Friday: Got up and went to the Natural History Museum. I LOVE that place! It was super crowded though! But Mibu was happy because they had the chicken nuggets that she liked! Of course we saw the Dino exhibit Razz But no ring of fire Razz Afterwards we went over to Javitz to go to the convention. The line was outside already! The convention didn't start til 4! So we stood outside in the cold and eventually got in! We went first to Ubisoft where they had the new Ninja Turtle video game! I played almost all the levels! It's soo GOOD! Each turtle does something if you leave them idle. I would tell you but I know some people don't like spoilers! Afterwards, we went to see Kevin Eastman again, then saw the Mirage guys. I picked out pictures that I wanted to buy from them, then we went out and got some dinner. By the time we got back to the room, it was super late and watched a little bit of Cars!

Saturday: We got up super early and got over to the convention around 8. The line was already long to get in and the convention didn't start til 10! Luckily, we only had to stay outside for about 20 minutes then we were able to go inside and wait. I brought along my ipod so I was watching Ninja Tribunal episodes. Supposedly, we thought they were going to have TMNT movie posters at the ubisoft table so when they let us in, I made a mad dash to the area. Almost knocking down people! Ninjaplease told me not to kill anyone.  They didn't have any and said they were handing them off at the signing. So we stayed around the booth since there were going to be turtles there at 12pm! I played more of the video game and they gave me a Don bandana! Well the turtles were late LOL. Get this! There were only Leo and Don! It was funny! Leo got to the right area but Don got lost so I found him and showed him where to go LOL. They were really cute and short!! LOL I guess I'm tall :p It was funny because Don kept jumping up and waving to me from the crowd when I was recording them. Then we went to a panel about the video game. It was funny because as the maker of the movie was telling about the game, another guy was playing different levels so he kept stopping to let Splinter talk and then when Don was in the elevator in one level, Don started to stretch and he goes "We'll let Don stretch first." Then we stayed for some Myspace panel then the Venture Brothers. It was hilarious and VERY packed! Aftewards I picked up pictures from the Mirage guys!

Sunday: Traveled back home super early! Got lost in Jersey! I missed the exit and went too far on the pike! Then it was cold in PA, then it started to snow hard but not that bad. Then in Maryland it was sleeting nad the roads were getting covered. It slacked down. OMG! West virginia was worst!! It had snow all over the roads and ice. You could harly drive! There were only 4 other cars on the road besides me. I had no visibility and I saw about 8 cars including a truck in the ditch! I had to stop to get gas and almost didn't get back on the interstate! I'm glad I'm home!! Here are some pics!

Movie poster that I got from the signing:

Movie poster I got there too

Picture done by Dave White

Eric's picture

Jim Lawson pic that I LOVE

Venture Brother's Panel:

Jim Lee:

I was totally geeking out with the Star Wars!

Kevin Monroe

Leo, Me, and Don:

Chris from Playmates Toys and Leo

Kevin and I:

Inside the Museum:

I HAD to get the T-Rex!

Shredder
Rocksteady

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 10:49:52 PM »

Who where the two dudes with the turtle guys?  11 Pictures down?  I saw them talking to everyone in the group and I wasn't sure who the heck they where Happy/Smile.
I thought they might be random fans, but they looked kind of official Happy/Smile.

I wish we could find out who's in the turtle costumes and chat with 'em for a bit, but sadly that would be breaking the illusion and probably not allowed Happy/Smile.

Edit - Anyone know if the Smallville picture in the background was where the Warner Brothers booth was? I couldn't find it, or Lions gate for the life of me.

IveyAngelo
Foot Tech Ninja

Is also Michaelangelo here on TMNT-L

IveyAngelo
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:12:20 PM »

Thanks for the review and pictures Kaz!  I can't wait to share my photos with everyone.  I'm going to be watching Dogma with Crittle tonight, so maybe if she lets me sit at the computer I can type up my Friday review Wink

Well let's see what I can get started before she comes in the room *G*

Friday I let Crittle sleep in a bit, but as soon as we got to New York, we walked to the convention center.  We went inside I asked about a line and the guy said there wasn't any.  I'm glad I didn't listen to him, I walked around and found the line which was already kind of long but was still inside.  We sat down at 12:30pm in the line, both Crittle and I didn't have any food.  So I was very hungry, but the food places in there was too costly... wanted over $7 for a sub, their drinks were no cheaper than $3.  It was just to much, we were there on little to no money.   So we just sat in line, I grabbed out some candy bars from my back pack and shared those with Crittle.  We talked with other people in line around around us.

When I heard that Kaz, Blue, and Ninjaplease were in the line outside, I had Crittle hold my spot and I went outside just to at least say hi to them.  I was surprised to see how long the line was, as they were not just outside but around the side of the building.  I couldn't stay out there too long it was cold and my arm was yelling at me for even going out there.  But I had to say hi to them.  After I said hi I went back inside and sat around with Crittle.

This was the best of the days, since they were nice enough to let everyone in a half hour early.  I was going to look for the Heavy Metal Booth, but my eyes caught this huge TMNT sign hanging from the ceiling... it was for the video game.  I walked over and to my surprise they had the game up for us to play.  So I went over and set my stuff down and picked up a remote to start playing.  I was Leonardo, working on some jumping area.  I glanced up from the game to see these four people standing there stareing at me... one of them stepped forward and called me by name, first and last name... as if asking if that was me.  I'm like "Yeah, that's me."  Than she introduced herself and everyone with her, they were the people running the booth (along with one person from MTV).  They know me from "Totally Obessed".  The MTV lady took my information to contact me to do another TV show.   Hehe she said it's not another "Totally Obessed".  

After talking for a minute with them I started to play the game again, though was having problems with a jump.   I was doing the double jump, but was falling short of where I needed to land.  As I was working on it, this guy came up behind me and told me a trick to try, and sure enough it worked.  He stood back and watched me play some more.  Than the lady came back up and introduced him to me, it was Nick Harper! (The designer of the game).  So I got to stand around and talk to him for awhile, that was really cool as I got to see him watch people play the game for the first time.  They told me that this is the first time ever they put this up for the public to play.  They gave me an orange headband.

While standing there, Blue, Kaz, and Ninjaplease showed up.  So I introduced them to Nick, and they played the game for a little bit too.  Than we started to head over towards the Heavy Metal booth to say hi to Kevin, though on the way I spotted the Kappa Mikey booth.  So we went over there and got a free DVD sample thing and the shedual.  After that we headed over to Kevin's booth and I got to say hi to him.  As I was saying hi to Kevin I heard my name come from my right, as some guy comes towards me with a girl right behind him wearing a Turtle Hoodie.  I had NO clue who this guy was, though he introduced himself.   He's a friend of mine through email, who works for Playmate Toys!  He was very excited to meet me.  We got pictures togethers today, than he started to drag me around, first stop was the 4Kids booth where he introduced me to one of the ladies behind Turtles at 4Kids.  She too knew who I was before he could even say my name.  Saying that they know their fans.

Now she joined in the walk, as we went back to the Video Game booth.  Over there they gave me a movie TMNT Shirt.  Meanwhile my friend from playmates was having too much fun with his phone.  He got pictures of me, and video and was sending it back to playmates Toys so people from Playmates started to call him and he'd pass his phone to me for me to say hi to them and tell them who I am.  This felt very weird, but was very cool!

Next he lead us all up to the Mirage booth, where I got to say hi to Jim, Steve L., Steve M. and Eric.  There was another artist there this time, his name was Dave White and has worked on a few TMNT projects (got him to sign my shirt Happy/Smile ).  We talked up stairs for a bit, than I went and got Rich Buckler's autograph and headed back to the Mirage guys.  They were heading out so I said night to them and headed back down stairs.  

After saying night to the others that we made friends with there, Crittle and I headed out with Kaz, Blue and Ninjaplease for dinner at the bus port place.  I wasn't that hungry but had a lot to talk about and was very thirsty so with the little bit of the voice that I had, I sat there for awhile and talked with them.  After hanging out, we headed back to the hotel for the night and crashed.

I'm still buzzed about that day on how things went.  That was a GREAT day!  I'll share pictures once I'm home Happy/Smile
Shredder
Rocksteady

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 11:47:59 PM »

Quote from: "IveyAngelo"

This was the best of the days, since they were nice enough to let everyone in a half hour early.  I was going to look for the Heavy Metal Booth, but my eyes caught this huge TMNT sign hanging from the ceiling... it was for the video game.  I walked over and to my surprise they had the game up for us to play.  So I went over and set my stuff down and picked up a remote to start playing.  I was Leonardo, working on some jumping area.  I glanced up from the game to see these four people standing there stareing at me... one of them stepped forward and called me by name, first and last name... as if asking if that was me.  I'm like "Yeah, that's me."  Than she introduced herself and everyone with her, they were the people running the booth (along with one person from MTV).  They know me from "Totally Obessed".  The MTV lady took my information to contact me to do another TV show.   Hehe she said it's not another "Totally Obessed".  

As I was saying hi to Kevin I heard my name come from my right, as some guy comes towards me with a girl right behind him wearing a Turtle Hoodie.  I had NO clue who this guy was, though he introduced himself.   He's a friend of mine through email, who works for Playmate Toys!  He was very excited to meet me.  We got pictures togethers today, than he started to drag me around, first stop was the 4Kids booth where he introduced me to one of the ladies behind Turtles at 4Kids.  She too knew who I was before he could even say my name.  Saying that they know their fans.

Aww crap!  I also forgot about the 4Kids booth!  Was only one person from the show there, or where there more like that one time at Big Apple Con?  So that dude and his lady friend that sat in with us on the ubi-soft panel where from playmates?  If so, that's the best way to meet folks from the industry....chat with them before you know who they are and that lets some of the nerves out,  and you get to chat with them on a more fan to fan level of footing Happy/Smile.    I was chatting with Nick before I even knew who he was, but I did gather he was with the game folks because he was talking about the making of it Happy/Smile.  Did you happen to take a group pic with everyone at the booth?  It would be nice to have a name to go with the faces I met.  I chatted with the three ladies there (the asian lady, the lady handing out the toys at the raffle and another lady with an accent that sounded definitevly from England.  I hope Nick wasn't insulted when I thought he might be from Australia Happy/Smile.)

I would have loved to chat with the 4Kids folks... and this is the second time I've chatted with Steve Murphy and forgotten he's written on the new show...darn my memory Happy/Smile.

IveyAngelo
Foot Tech Ninja

IveyAngelo
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 07:00:45 AM »

The short guy in the picture with Leonardo is the guy from playmates toys and the lady from England you talked to is the one from 4Kids.  The 4Kids booth was mainly volunteers running a game from their newest show.  So no, there wasn't a lot of people who worked on the show there like Big Apple.

The two who sat in with us at the panel were fans I met there at the convention.
Shredder
Rocksteady

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 09:59:42 AM »

Ahh, OK. cool Happy/Smile.

See, that's what I get for not bein there all three days, confused Happy/Smile.  I thought the english lady was there with the game folks and I was chatting with her like she developed the game itself Happy/Smile...

Shredder
Rocksteady

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 12:03:05 PM »

Edit - What was the 4Kids ladies name?  I'm curious what she does on the show...

IveyAngelo
Foot Tech Ninja

IveyAngelo
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 04:19:32 PM »

Hey everyone going to start Saturdays review while here.  Don't think I'll finish it till I'm home, but worth starting.

I woke up at 5:30am, and had to get Crittle up.  We got to the Subway station at 7am, and sat there waiting for a train.  The train gets there, than as soon as we got off the train in New York we took a cab straight to the convention center thinking the first 20 people to the Ubisoft booth was going to get a rear poster.  So I was hoping to get a good spot in line, but we got to the convention center at 8:30am and was ended up outside for over an hour in line.  Everyone was complaining about the cold, I was ready to cry.  My body kept getting more and more pain racing through it, as standing became hard but I didn't want to make a big deal out of this, though the longer I stood there the more I felt like I was going to black out.  I would lean against the building in hopes to make it a little easier.  The glass of the building was warmer than anything else... so I was trying to get the heat from that.   We thought when the line got around the corner that the wind wouldn't be as bad since it was coming from behind us.  Though the wind was still as bad... and the line itself kept growing.... I can't express how bad that line was... and we were lucky enough to just be close to the building.    My knees finally caved in while I was next to the building, Crittle told me to go inside and wait... though just trying to stand up was horrible pain.  I got inside and leaned up against a support beam of the building and just watched the line from inside... this time they were not as nice so they only let people in as soon as the opening time came around.  Once I saw the line start to move I went back outside to join Crittle in line as I saw people getting turned away if they were inside and trying to join back in with friends in line.   So I got back to my spot, and dreaded the evil out door cold.  (which is why I'm glad NYC Comic Con is in April Next Year).

Once we got in, we went straight to the Ubisoft booth only to learn that it's the first 20 people there for the autograph session that's going to get the poster.  So I decided I wasn't going to leave that booth.  I played the game a little bit and while hanging around I noticed that Kevin Munroe was there at the booth being interviewed.  He was followed around with Cameras there.   I also noticed that Gary Richardson was there, so I went up and said hello to him for a little bit.  Than went back to playing the game.  I didn't stay on the game to long, as my arm was killing me already from being outside so I sat in front of the table where the autograph session was going to be.  In the mean time I watched as Gary, Kevin and Nick played the TMNT video game.  I got some pictures of this, so I will post up some pictures.

I sat there for a long time, I entered each raffle that they did and lost each raffle that they did Wink  Which I didn't mind, cause I was so thrilled to see the overwhelming of good response the booth was getting.  At noon the Turtles were suppose to come down, though they were very late.  And they were saying all four Turtles were going to be there... but only Leonardo and Donatello showed up.   I didn't move much from our spot at the front of the line, though Kaz did hold my spot for me for a second so I could get my picture taken with them.  Michelangelo is now the only Turtle that I haven't got to see from this set, of mascots now.

From I took a handful of pictures, when they left I went right back to paying attention to the line at hand and talking to other fans letting them know what's going on with the booth and what the TMNT events were for the day.  I wish I had more of a voice, cause I could of had a real blast with this.  Though my voice was still gone from Katsucon and staying out in the cold didn't help it either.   I met one fellow fan who was all decked out in TMNT, he had a sun visor, a back pack, a hoodie, and all.  So I could tell he too was there for the signing.  I talked on and off with him for a bit.   Though when the signing started up, I went straight to talking to Kevin.   He's a very nice guy, and even remembered me for the Technodrome.  While talking to him, I got a handful of stuff autographed, and Gary Richardson was sitting right next to him so I got Gary to sign my shirt as well.   After the autographs I got all of my stuff together and we headed down to the TMNT Movie Game panel... sadly this panel didn't get many TMNT fans... reasons I think this is...

1.  Movie Video Game Panel or autograph line with the director for the TMNT movie?   Fans had to choose where they wanted to be with the ONLY two TMNT events taking place at the same time.
2.  It was just the game, it should of been a game and movie panel with Kevin Munroe down there in the panel room too.

So we had front role, the only question I asked was "Why is the game not for 4 players?"  And they went on that it wouldn't work with the theme they wanted the game to have.  Which was where the Turtles had to rely on one another.  And they also mentioned how each Turtle has their own world and that players with 2 or more characters in that world would not do those worlds justice.  Not like it mattered much to me any how, since I've only got to play the first video game two player once and had to beg the other person to play it with me.  I even bought the device to make it so I could do four player, and it's never even been used Sad/Down

The panel was a lot of fun, as the video game was playing in the back ground, as Nick was talking about it.  After the panel I said bye to them and asked Kaz and them to hold my seat, as I kept going over tot he Kevin Smith panel, but it wasn't even started.  I ended up buying a drink for $5... cause I seriously needed something to drink.  I ended up going and sitting for the Myspace panel with Kaz, Blue and NinjaPlease.  Than came the Venture Brother panel which filled up!!!  I was very surprised to see so many people come into the room, it was a great surprise and I'm glad that we saved a seat in front for Crittle.

During this panel they picked on Crittle here and there, but I'll let her tell ya about it.  Most of the topics at the panel are not topics for TMNT-L Wink

Right before the panel started though I realized my cell phone was missing.  I wasn't going to miss this panel so I'd go searching for it afterwards.  So I sat through the panel a bit nervous about the missing phone, once the panel was over Arista came up to me and let me know that my phone was at the Ubisoft booth.  So at least I knew it was safe.  We stuck around down near the panel room after it was over to get group shots with the Venture Brother crew.   After that we went around saying our good byes to everyone for the night.  

Kaz, Blue, Ninjaplease, Crittle and I went out for McDonalds that night.  Than Crittle and I had a very CROWDED subway train to go back to the hotel for the night.  I passed out with my glasses on even.
Kazari
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

kazari
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 09:49:08 PM »

Glad you're doing okay!! Thanks for the review!!

Aignatius
Fugitoid

Token Dragon

Aignatius deCarraig
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 09:51:12 PM »

Geez, didn't see this thread until now...  oy. Rolling Eyes

Looks like it was a good Con! Very Happy/Big Grin Good pics!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled