TMNT-L Forums
July 23, 2017, 06:45:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turtles at Planet Hollywood  (Read 15383 times)
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« on: March 03, 2006, 03:33:17 PM »

Hiya all,

I figured this needed it's own topic since really many people must have stories of seeing Turtles at Planet Hollywood, seeing as how many different Planet Hollywood had Turtle costumes.  I remember hearing the stories of the one in Chicago, I've seen pictures of the Leo that was in Ohio, and I know that another one had a Donatello in it before it closed down.  

So this topic is for people to share their stories and pictures of seeing Turtles or doing meets up at "Planet Hollywood" Happy/Smile

Kazari
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

kazari
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »

Well of course. You, Blue and I went there during NYC Comic Con. I remember when I went there like 5 years ago that they had a music video called Kung Fu Fighting that had clips from the Turtles Movie.  I was VERY lucky that they still had it! It was so awesome that they said they had turtles fans there and then played it! Course Mikey was at the end of it Wink

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 04:14:19 PM »

Here's pictures from when Kaz, Blue and I went last Sunday.  Lots of Pictures of Mike on the wall.

Michaelangelo hanging around.

A closer look on his depressed looking face.

Looking down at Mike from above, on the second floor.

Laying down and putting the camera under the railing for a straight on picture of him.

Looking straight down at him from over the railing.

A close up of Michaelangelo's bad ankle, got a feeling it's going to fall on someone one of these days.

Another shot looking down at him, showing another part of his body.

Kaz and Blue sitting at the table (went back to eat before going back to see Mike again, the food was GREAT.   THANKS KAZ!!!!!)

A pic of Mike from a distance looking at him on the wall.

Another straight on picture of him.

Mike's arm showing the bad shape it's in, not only is it decaeing, it's not even connected at the elbow anymore.

Mike's shoulder being pinched by the straps holding him up.

Another straight down shot of his head.

A close up of that really bad ankle.  

I'm disapointed in how they take care of their Michaelangelo there, it hurts to see him in such bad shape.  I hope I took enough pictures for everyone to see the different views of him.  I know I took a lot, but felt it was needed to show just how he's doing.

Dark Angel
Foot Tech Ninja

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 04:28:21 PM »

Wow....I wish we still hada Planet HOllywood here...I think we did.....did we? Shocked

WolfofMibu
Hun

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 06:48:22 PM »

I am still amazed with how poor of care they have taken of poor Mikey....

Still it was a super fun evening and it was super funny our waiters name was Casey!

Kazari
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

kazari
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 07:13:13 PM »

That was very sad Sad/Down Poor Mikey Sad/Down Sad/Down Sad/Down Gah! Blue you are so photogenic!! *jealous* Thanks for the pics again Happy/Smile

Jephael
Bishop

jeoughton
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 01:30:08 PM »

Aw man, I think I'm more bummed about missing out on Planet Hollywood than the comic convention! I mean jeez, how cool is it to see a genuine movie costume like that?

I wonder though why the restaurant doesn't take better care of this stuff. I mean the Jim Henson Creature Shop must've spent thousands of dollars to make it and the PH people man-handle it like a rubber chicken!

"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael - The Mean Machines
Brinatello
Bebop

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 04:23:15 AM »

What I want to know is WHY do they have poor Mikey attached to the wall like that?!  Were they going for a cross of Spiderman or something?  It looks as if he's being possessed by supernatural forces who want to take him for a 'drag' on the wall.  Sorry, had "Poltergeist" on the brain.  As for our Planet Hollywood in San Diego, I don't remember seeing anything with the TMNT.  I do like the restaurant and will keep my eyes open at other locations.

Posing in our costumes for the San Diego Comic Con Masquerade, July 22, 2006.   Very Happy/Big Grin
Jephael
Bishop

jeoughton
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 04:28:37 PM »

They do that with almost all the heroes! The Planet Hollywood in Disney World did the exact same thing with the Black Mighty Morphin Power Ranger costume, though I think it holds up alot better because it wasn't made with all that latex junk that the TMNT were done with.

"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael - The Mean Machines
OnnaRaphael
Rocksteady

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 09:54:21 PM »

Something about that Mikey just... makes me not want to go there.  I mean it'd be great to see the costume but he really does look sad and the condition is just horrible.   Sad/Down

All in all if I had the chance to go I would but I wouldn't go out of my way JUST to go there I think.

Yes my name is OnnaRaphael... yes Leonardo is my favorite... yes I know it's confusing.  Happy/Smile (Anime Style)

Wicked Awesome Ninja Gang GO... or something.
Kazari
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

kazari
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 10:10:11 PM »

Yeah it was very sad Sad/Down They also will play Kung Fu Fighting Video if they are doing requests. That has clips from the first movie *laughs*

OnnaRaphael
Rocksteady

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 12:09:59 AM »

Just as long as it isn't the ninja rap.   LOL

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yes my name is OnnaRaphael... yes Leonardo is my favorite... yes I know it's confusing.  Happy/Smile (Anime Style)

WolfofMibu
Hun

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 12:31:38 AM »

Actually we tried to request the Ninja Rap.... its dorky, but still a fun song.... *laughs* A bunch of us in Naruto costumes were singing it in the hall at Katsucon.....

Razz

OnnaRaphael
Rocksteady

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 12:46:02 AM »

Okay I have to admit one of the funniest AMVs I've ever seen had a bit with Kakashi and the Ninja Rap.  But all in all... man I so cannot get behind that.  Vanilla Ice!!!  C'mon!   LOL

WolfofMibu
Hun

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 01:11:21 AM »

Its not so much the song... or Vanilla Ice (whom I personally cannot stand) but the warm memories assoicated with the piece....

*laughs*

I mean I honestly don't think we will EVER see Leonardo dancing again  Razz

Thats what makes me like the song... and often sing it at the top of my lungs... and one day I will do a Naruto skit at a masq where we will dance to it  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 Next  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled