TMNT-L Forums
April 26, 2018, 09:12:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review Youmacon 2006  (Read 14311 times)
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 09:35:35 PM »

Sunday we woke up around 8am, once again it sounded like we were going for breakfast.   Though before I left I had to make sure the VCR was set to tape Fast Forward, once I got sick of trying to set my VCR which was being a pain in the shell.   I went and had my dad set the living room TV to tape it.  Than we went for breakfast.  This time my dad joined us.

Once we got to the convention we were a bit late, I went straight to the Palladium panel, as much as I really wanted to be a part of this panel, there was so much going on.  Everyone kind of splitting up here and there, I ended up staying in the room for that panel.  Though a lot of distractions, I sat in the back of the room to not distract the panel itself.  They were talking about Gaming, good ways to handle it and fun things people could do to make the game more interested like having people who are not even part of the game record a message that can be used in the game, that was something I never thought of though I don't do much live gaming any how.  They also mentioned acting out (which I do) and props (which I use).  It was an interesting panel when I could pay attention, just wish I got there a little earlier than the panel to get everyone knowing what they're up to next.

The next panel held me for a bit too, really wish I could of recorded these but didn't have enough video tape to do all the panels we wanted.  It was the "Robotech and Macross" panel and both Tony Oliver and Kevin was in it.  I learned a bit about the law suites that went on with it.  It was a mess, and still is over in Japan.  Law suites are still going on because of Robotech.  I stayed as long as I could in the panel, but had to do my last run into the dealer room... knowing the rest of my time was jam packed with autograph sessions and panels.   Tony Oliver's autograph session started at the same as the "Otaku Family Feud" that we were told Chris we would come to.   After hitting the dealer room, we gathered our stuff and raced up to the autograph line, Eclipse and Iruka held a spot for us in the line, so we were first in line.  He got our stuff signed and took pictures and went down finding a spot in front roll before "Otaku Family Feud' even started.  

We talked with Chris some more and showed him and Caitlin my Leonardo head.  I also showed him my home made costume head.  We took some pictures with the Leonardo head, like Leo biting Chris.  Than we sat down, people came up and talked with us.  We made a lot of friends over the weekend.  Hopefully some of which could join us here and share their stories of Youmacon.  When the game started we paid attention to it, some of the stuff was hard others was easy... I'm sitting there mumbling the answers to myself... one of which disappointed me that no one got the answer that was on the tip of my tounge.  

I was so happy with Chris' team won the Feud!   Esp since at first Caitlin's team was in the lead and Chris was so far behind it didn't look like they could catch up.  Though they won, and right away it came to getting ready for "So I Get Paid to Say This?" This had all of the voice actors that were still at the convention, meaning everyone besides for Matt.  Right to left the VAs were:  Brett Weaver, Caitlin Glass, Tony Oliver, Lou Albano, Chris Cason, and Patrick Seitz.  

This panel was GREAT  we had a lot of funny stories.  Like Brett telling us about his dislike for Barney and being asked to become Barney!  Got stories of how small the booths can get for voice recording.  We got to hear stories like people finding out who they are in normal life.. Tony had a good story about taking his daughter to the eye doctors, and needing something done with his glasses as well, though when the doc realized who he was by the name on the file, he couldn't stop talking about Robotech.... the daughter was so mad that her dad stold all the attention.  

We also learned about conventions that have stood out to them.  So far they all had nice things to say about Youmacon, and this was true even off of the stage.  The Guest are treated great at this convention, with food and everything.  Caitlin used some stories about Youmacon from last year to say why she liked this convention, and how it has affected other conventions by some things she started doing here.  

The panel was two hour longs, with lots of questions.  And most of the time every guest got to answer the question asked.  So it was a good panel, to get to know these guest.  I know a lot more about the guest I just met, and I hope to see them all again.  Every guest was very nice and spent time talking with anyone who went up to talk to them.  I'm sure Matt would of loved this panel if he could of stayed.

Brett had to leave first, before the panel was even over to catch his plane.  I was a bit disappointed, because one of the things he talked about was his first convention where he got to meet Bruce Cambell.  When I heard his story about Bruce, I so wanted to stop and talk to Brett for a bit, to let him know that Bruce use to work with my dad on the Ghoul show... which got my dad into a lot of their early movies.   Though since Brett had to leave early, I guess I'll have to save that talk for the next time I meet him.

After this panel was over, came the closing Cermony, which was just the Guest going up and saying a few words.  It's funny most of the stuff that Chris mentioned included NB, Brin and I moments.  He even mentioned how cool it was to touch a Ninja Turtle movie head!  Hopefully we'll get to see some of these guest back next year!

After Closing we stood around and said our good byes, though I was having a very hard time with this.  I was hurting so bad in my arm, I was ready for us to leave.  Though with notice being brought to the fact that I got the head, a lot of people were coming up and requesting to see it.  So Leo got a lot of attention, and pictures taken of him.  I got my stuff packed up, and we spent about another hour there saying good bye to the guest.  Got some hugs from some of them.  

All in all Youmacon was a TOTAL blast, THANKS to everyone who came to make it this specail event!

Thanks Matt Hill for all the time you got to talk with us, I can't wait to see you again!
Thanks Brin for coming over and spending this weekend with me, not much sleep though lots of GREAT memories!
Thanks Eclipse and Iruka for joining us, and giving us plenty of laughs too bad we didn't get to spend more time together there!  Though you guys have lots of other events you can share with us here!
Thanks Chris for being such a cool guy, I enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you at many future cons to come!
Thanks Kevin for talking and hanging out with us, it's really an honor to have gottan to meet you again and I can't wait to meet you again in the future!

And a Specail Thanks to Gravity Speed Phantom!!!!!  Without you, this event couldn't have been possable!  THANKS so much for everything!!!!!

- Sunday Photos coming Soon -

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 09:59:57 PM »

Sunday Breakfast

Brin and Iruka at Breakfast

Iruka and Eclipse at Breakfast

Tony Oliver holding my Leonardo head from TMNT 3, at his autograph session.

Shadow Wolf and Tony Oliver at his autograph session.

Chris Cason with Leo's head and me, his hand is being attacked... Before "Family Feud".

Chris, Leo's head and me before the "Family Feud".

Caitlin's team in Family Feud.

Chris' team in Family Feud, the winning team.

Chris durning 'Family Feud'

Left to Right, Tony, Caitlin and Brett.   "So I Get Paid to Say This?" Panel

Left to Right, Patrick, Chris and Lou.  "So I Get Paid to Say This?" Panel

Left to Right, Tony, Caitlin, and Brett.   Looks like they're having fun up there.  Happy/Smile

Left to Right: Patrick, Chris, Lou, Tony, Caitlin, and Brett.  "So I Get Paid to Say this?" Panel  Group shot.

A group shot of Brin, NB, Chris and I.   We did this in memory of how much time we got to talk.  Chris is a great guy and I recommend meeting him to any con goer out there.  Happy/Smile

That's it!   Youmacon report is done!  Now to try and get time to finish all those other reports like Anime Next 2006 Wink

Iruka
Foot Soldier

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 10:28:15 PM »

Wow!

XD

Well, I can't really write reviews... Too long for me...

But my favourite parts, eh?

When we came into the hotel on friday, I got glomped by a Kakashi, since I was dressed at Iruka....XD And they already took pictures, there. I love Kakashi!

And on Saturday, there was that HUGE conga line! *LOL* We saw it (Naruto and I) and just joined in. It was very funny. It went all around the tables there and up the stairs. We wanted to continue, but we collapsed...XD

And later, an Itachi stole my Kakashi plushie. I glomped her from behind and held on to her, trying to get it back. We fell to the ground, looking like we were humping each other and I just wanted my plushie back, but her grip was too tight! XD So Naruto sat down on my butt, while I was lying on top of Itachi, and it looked even worse than before. People took pictures and filmed it, too. I laughed and laughed, but still tried to get it back and another girl sat down on Naruto! She spilled water over us! XD It was really disturbing! But funny!
Brinatello
Bebop

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 10:40:32 PM »

I got my Youmacon photos back and they are all up for your viewing pleasure.  Here's some that I thought came out very nice:

Caitlin Glass visiting our table at the Maid Café

Matt Hill also stopped by to say 'hello' Happy/Smile

Chris Cason pulling out a yucky Bubble Tea bubble.  It looked like a booger!   LOL

I assume those were cookies on sticks.  From l-r, Chris Cason, Patrick Seitz, Caitlin Glass and Tony Oliver

Me with Kevin Siembieda

Fullmetal Alchemist cosplayers: Edward, Scar and Winry

Terra Branford from FFVI

American McGee's Alice in Wonderland...with a hint of Disney from the blonde hair.  Very cool.

Chris promoting the women's bathroom.  We didn't realize we were standing by it and wondered why girls kept walking in-between us!   LOL

Posing in our costumes for the San Diego Comic Con Masquerade, July 22, 2006.   Very Happy/Big Grin
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 10:55:40 PM »

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING THE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS ONE!

I'm as doomed as doomed can be you know!!!!

I didn't realize ya got pictures when Matt was holding the Mikey head Happy/Smile

That's the one I liked the best out of those shots Happy/Smile

THANKS AGAIN!  These pictures rock!!!!   Very Happy/Big Grin  Very Happy/Big Grin  Very Happy/Big Grin  Very Happy/Big Grin  Very Happy/Big Grin  Very Happy/Big Grin  Very Happy/Big Grin  Very Happy/Big Grin

Michaelangelo Michaelangelo Michaelangelo Michaelangelo

Brinatello
Bebop

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 12:21:26 AM »

Hehehe, you're welcome!  I was quite pleased with how the pics came out and even loved your set as well!  As soon as I'm able to, I'll mail you copies of all of my pics.  Beware, there's a lot!  Happy/Smile

Posing in our costumes for the San Diego Comic Con Masquerade, July 22, 2006.   Very Happy/Big Grin
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 01:57:44 AM »

Found a video of me on youtube, figured I'd share it here Happy/Smile

Pages: Prev 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions