TMNT-L Forums
May 24, 2018, 03:53:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which back ground story is your favorite?
Mirage / Image
Original Series / Archie
Movies 90s / Next Mutation
4Kids Series / Dream Wave
IDW Comics
Nickelodeon Series
TMNT 2014 Movies

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your Favorite TMNT Background Story?  (Read 2974 times)
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« on: November 24, 2006, 01:38:15 AM »

Hey everyone,

I figured there's so many different back ground stories and I bump into people who like different ones all the time.  I was curious, which history for the Turtles have you preferred?  And why?

Here's the differences -

Mirage / Image:
Yoshi & Nagi have a love fight over Shen, and Nagi dies leaving his 8 year old brother, Saki alive.  Years later Saki kills Yoshi & Shen for the death of his brother.  Leaving Yoshi pet rat to go and find the Turtles, in the ooze.

Original Series / Toon:
Yoshi runs the Foot Dojo, Saki tricks an old wise Sensei to throw him out.  He comes to the US with no money he lives in the sewers with the rats, the Turtles drop in...  Saki thinking this stuff would kill Yoshi poors some green ooze into the sewer which gets all over the Turtles, and gets on Yoshi when he goes to clean them off.

Movies / Next Mutation:
Yoshi & Saki are in love fight over Shen, in fear of Yoshi's life Shen gets Yoshi to move to America.  Though Saki came after them, and kills both Yoshi and Shen leaving Yoshi's pet rat to go and find the Turtles, in the ooze.

4Kids Series / Dream Wave:
Yoshi grows up with the Ancient One, with a friend and Shen.   The Friend and Yoshi get brought in to be Guardians for the Utroms, though Yoshi does better than his friend.  The Friend Kills Shen, because she's love Yoshi not him... than goes and betrays the Utroms joining up with the Shredder.   Though the friend fails when he tries to take on Yoshi.  Yoshi is later killed by Shredder, leaving Shen's (than his) pet rat to go and find the Turtles, in the ooze.

IDW TMNT Comics:
Splinter, the Turtles and Shredder all lived long ago.  Their battle was fought as humans.  Shredder killed Hamato Yoshi and his four sons.  Now they're back, as four Turtles and a rat.  April names the Turtles as they were mutated at Stockman's lab.  Though they got away before they started to grow.  One year they were fully grown.   Very deep story line!

Nickelodeon TMNT 2012 Series:
Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki grew up together.  But a fight over Tang Shen, caused Hamato to leave Japan, after she and his daughter were taken from him during a fire.  In Japan he got four Turtles, and bad timing he bumped into the Kraang who mutated him.  He raised the Turtles to be the Ninjas they are today.

TMNT 2014 Movie:
Splinter was a lab rat, as were the Turtles.  Young April named them, then saved them for a fire when her father died.  She released them into the sewers.  They were changed by the ooze at the lab and started mutating in the sewer.  Splinter trained them from an old Ninja book he found. 

There ya got the ones for this poll.   Am I missing any?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:18:26 AM by Michaelangelo » Logged

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 01:10:53 PM »

Heh we're getting votes, though no one saying why they like their area.  I guess I'll start Wink

I love the Mirage back ground story.  It's gives just enough to leave you to imagine what Yoshi and Nagi was like before Shen came into the scene.   I picture them as close friends in the Foot, and the love fight being what got them to challenge each other as much as they did.  I also think Nagi was a good guy, though was drunk the time he went after Shen.   So not only did Yoshi have to leave the clan, personally he was hurt inside cause he killed his old friend... which as Splinter says, Yoshi's world vanished a red haze... he didn't realize what he did till he was done.  So this was something Yoshi had to live with.

I know the comic doesn't go in that deep, but it leaves that open so you can think about it if you want to.  Happy/Smile  It's stuff I really enjoy thinking about.   This story also made the most sense to why Splinter trained them, it wasn't just self defense, they were to kill the Shredder.   They were trained as Ninjas.. not as heroes.    Deep down, no matter how many back ground stories come out for the guys, this will be the one closes to my heart.

Second one now that I like is 4Kids, before I was disappointed with the "Shredder" story arc... though "Tales of Master Yoshi" woke me up to it a bit more and made me except it a lot more.

AristaNiara
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 11:44:17 PM »

Personally, I find that I'm between the original background story and the 4kids story.  I'm not sure which I like but I like how there's so much more that can be imagined and thought about.  The other story lines had too many bases covered and left next to nothing to imagine.
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 02:19:07 AM »

Bringing this old Topic back to life

Added IDW, Nickelodeon and 2014 Movie as choices.   Made it so people can change their votes if there's something new they like.

BubblyShell22
Fugitoid

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 09:56:41 AM »

I like the Nickelodeon origin, but then again, I love a lot about that series. It just adds a lot of depth to Splinter's story and how he came to adopt the Turtles.

"A warrior who never fails, never learns." --The Ancient One.
Phoenix
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Vernon

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 04:06:25 PM »

I prefer the Mirage storyline, though I think the Nick series is giving it a run for it's money in the origins.

Phoenix was meant to represent the fire and passion that creates life. I choose to bear the name -- and do so proudly -- in order to set things right.

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 04:13:02 PM »

I use to choose Mirage, though I've really come to love the IDW origin.  It's got a heart to it, and has pushed some major limits.  Right now, it's my favorite origin.  Really giving every character a reason to be where they are.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled