TMNT-L Forums
July 21, 2017, 04:45:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Renae Jacobs!  (Read 42315 times)
Jephael
Bishop

jeoughton
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 10:53:19 AM »

Hey Renae, good to meetcha! I just love watching the original cartoon and you were always one of my favorites. I thought the Catwoman episode in 1988 was hilarious! Do you remember what it was like making those meowing noises?

"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael - The Mean Machines
Danceingfae
TMNT-L Mod Squad
Shredder

danceingfae
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2005, 01:39:56 PM »

Just wanted to take the time to wish you and your family a very happy holiday this season and hope you have a wonderful new year!

And some times.... 
AprilJacobs
Honored TMNT Guest
Foot Soldier

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 01:04:53 AM »

Sorry it has taken be a bit to respond to your questions.  I was born in Chicago but lived in East Lansing unitll I was 11.  I got my start in VO at Michigan State.  There was a show that was flimed there called "The Land of Play".  I took a class when I was 9 from the creator of the show on puppetry and voice acting.  I was asked by the woman. I forget her name, to join the show so at the age of 9 I was working in VO.  

With reguard to "Rose Petal Place"  I was Orchid and Lillyfair. I loved working with Marie Osmond, she was so kind and easy to work with.   I understand that it might come back.  If so I'll let you know,  the original producer has asked me if I'd like to do it again... so we'll see.

Renae
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 01:57:52 PM »

Wow I can't believe I haven't replied to this!

It's very cool that you went to Michigan State!   You know I never realized that some of my favorite characters growing up could of even been here in Michigan at any time, like Rob Paulsen also has Michigan connections Happy/Smile   It also surprises me that you got started in voice acting here in Michigan, it always feels like there's NOTHING to get involved in around here that has to do with acting and when there is stuff it's usually either big crowd scenes or you need to be in the Union.

Have you been able to make a living off of doing acting alone or is there other stuff you're doing as well?  Happy/Smile

pkazee
Rank Soldier

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 11:43:22 PM »

I got my start in VO at Michigan State.  There was a show that was flimed there called "The Land of Play".  I took a class when I was 9 from the creator of the show on puppetry and voice acting.  I was asked by the woman. I forget her name, to join the show so at the age of 9 I was working in VO.

I believe the woman you are referring to was named Helen Shaw.  She was known as Miss Helen on the show.  I have pics of her from the show on my fb page.  One is of her interacting with a puppet named Mongo that lived in a birdhouse.  I think Mongo was supposed to be a squirrel.  Is it possible you voiced Mongo?

Other memories of that show are of her using a magic key to open a magic door, though I can't recall what was behind the door.

She also spoke to two-dimensional wooden cut-outs of animals as if they were real.  One of them was a rather surreal depiction of a cat.

The only other thing I remember about this show was that she would spend several minutes feeding fish while the camera was focused on a close-up of the fish swimming around and eating the flakes she slowly dropped into the tank.  There would be sparse, tinkly music playing during this segment.  Very hypnotic.  And calming.

-Paul Kazee
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 12:14:20 PM »

I wanted to say Thank you so much for joining me for an interview on Cowabunga Corner.  It was a real honor getting to meet and talk with you.  The interview is up on the website now. Happy/Smile

Coola Yagami
Foot Soldier

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 03:37:23 AM »

Wow. What an amazing and intense honor to be able to communicate with you. I'd totally shake your hand if I ever met you for the excellent job you did on bringing our favorite news reporter to life! One question I'm sure not many people ask of you is, how was it playing Lotus Blossom, and was it difficult to do the voice? For that matter, did you play any other female voice actresses besides April and Lotus?

oh shoot. her last comment was in 2009... so fat chance of her coming back to reply. Oh well.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:39:18 AM by Coola Yagami » Logged
AprilJacobs
Honored TMNT Guest
Foot Soldier

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 12:30:44 AM »

SO sorry that I have not answered you, but I kinda forgot to check this site... I will try to respond to questions in the future... Thank you for your wounderful words and complements. I would be honored to meet you as well. I will be doing some of the comic cons around the country so perhaps we will have a chance to meet.  If you check out my facebook page, Renae Jacobs, you can find the dates and places. I loved playing Lotus Blossom. I had used this type of voice on Rose Petal Place. I was Cherry Blossom.. ha funny how  I did voices for two flowers...I have done a number of voice for a number of shows over many ears.  If you google me,  DON"T GOOGLE IMAGES THERE ARE SOME NASTY PHOTOS OF SOMEONE ELSE WHO HAS MY NAME YUCK!, you can find some of the roles that I did over the years listed.  Thanks for the question.  Renae
Coola Yagami
Foot Soldier

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 09:49:07 PM »

I'm sure we all appreciate you inviting us to your FB page, but you seem to be rather hard to find.
BubblyShell22
Fugitoid

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 09:55:42 AM »

Hey, Renae, I just want to say it's an honor to talk to you. I grew up with the original TMNT cartoon, and that's what got me into the Turtles in the first place. Also, I can't believe you worked on Rose Petal Place. I remember we have an episode of it taped somewhere, and I think my sis and I had two Rose Petal books. I remember reading them a lot and really liking the show, too.

"A warrior who never fails, never learns." --The Ancient One.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled