TMNT-L Forums
November 21, 2017, 11:34:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to TMNT-L Forums! *** UPDATED DEC/14 ***  (Read 29197 times)
Fugitoid
Administrator
Rocksteady

Google Talk
fugitoid
« on: September 04, 2005, 02:14:53 PM »

Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by! We wanna keep this place a fun, peaceful, and friendly place. Where we can come and talk about the TMNT and everything else we enjoy.

However, to keep this place enjoyable for everyone there must be a few rules and guidelines.

RULES

1. No similiar nicknames will be allowed. For example, Fugitoid is taken so Fugit0id or Fug1toid is not allowed. Adding numbers to the beginning or the end of a nickname is not allowed either. For example, Michaelangelo is taken so Michaelangelo1984 or 56Michaelangelo is not allowed. Overall, nicknames can be rejected by TMNT-L Forums staff.

2. No bashing other forum members.

3. No posting of offensive topics and/or images. This includes the image you use for your avatar, and image(s) you use in your signature.

4. No bashing other forums and web pages. There is no contest of who is the best and who is the worst. If you got a problem with another forum or website, don't bring it here.

5. No swearing. Remember this is a TMNT-oriented board so there's a very good possibility of young members. However, there is a word filter in effect, so most common swears will be censored. But not everything will be caught.

6. No topic flooding/spamming. Topic flooding/spamming is multiple posts in a row from the same user. However, two posts in a row from the same user as usually not considered topic flooding/spamming. Topic flooding/spamming is also putting up useless posts in order to increase your post count.

7. No topic bumping. This is similiar to topic flooding/spamming. Topic bumping is a user or users posting in a topic just to keep it at the top of the topic list within a forum. If you feel that a topic is worthy of staying at the top, please contact a Moderator for the forum to make the topic Sticky.

8. No topicjacking/threadjacking. Topicjacking/threadjacking is trying to take over a topic from the original poster or trying to start another topic within one already in progress.

10. No private message spamming.

11. No holding of nicks. Please only register a nick if you plan to use it. Nicks unactivated within two weeks will be deleted.  If you have made your account active, you must sign in at least once within your first month or the account will be removed from TMNT-L.

12. No Politics or Religious topics.  Everyone has the rights in what they believe in, which could turn any topic into a high debate which may bring up hurt feelings and fights.  People of all Religions and Political parties are welcome here, though let's leave these hot topics for forums, private messages and social media websites which are centered on those topics.

***** Spammers will be deleted and all links removed without any warning. *****

If you break one of the above rules, except for the first rule, the following are the possible consequences:

- Decreased post count
- Loss of avatar and/or signature privileges
- Warning/Probation
- Temporary/Permanent Ban

In the end, what is considered an offense and the final consequences is always determined by TMNT-L Forums staff.

GUIDELINES

1. Please don't post your personal information (real names, phone numbers, etc.) on the public forums. In this day in age of identity theft and privacy concerns, it's just not a good idea. If you choose to post your personal information, the TMNT-L Forums staff (the Administrator and the Moderators) cannot be held responsible for the effects of you posting your personal information. If you need to share personal information with other members, sending a private message is a good alternative. However, even private messaging isn't recommended. Please remember everything in your posts and in your private messages is stored in a database. And while every precaution is taken to protect this database and the information contained within it, the TMNT-L Forums staff cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to that information being compromised.

2. Please don't start another topic about one already in progress. Please check to see if there is already a topic you want to post about on the first two pages of the forum. Starting multiple topics on the same subject is bad form too.

3. Please don't post using all capitals (eg. LISTEN TO ME BECAUSE I AM SHOUTING!), but one or two sentences is usually okay in the right context/mood.

4. Please don't use leet/hax0r speak (eg. y0u R l@m3, I ownz j00!), it causes cancer.

5. Please don't use alternating lowercase and uppercase text. (eg. HeLLo, mY nAMe is FOrrEsT gUMp.)

6. Please take it easy on the letter coloring. Yes it's fun, but reading something like this causes... you guessed it... cancer. Don't do it.

7. Custom avatars are allowed. You can choose one from the built-in avatars, link an avatar from another website or upload an avatar. Linked avatars from another website will be automatically resized to 100 pixels by 100 pixels, so if your avatar isn't already 100 by 100 it is probably going to look weird.

8. Placing images in posts and signatures is allowed. But if the image is larger than 640 pixels in width it will be automatically resized. This is so the image will not disrupt the layout of the page. You can also attach files to your posts. Each attachment can be up to 1MB for a total of 4MB or 8 attachments, which ever comes first.

TMNT-L Credits

Admin:
Fugitoid

Mod Squad:
Raphael
Michaelangelo
Phoenix
Donatello

TMNT-L Artist:
Klork

TMNT-L Honored Guests:
Wayne Grayson
Sam Regal
Scott Williams
Adrian Barrios
Khary Randolph

TMNT-L Reviewers:
Mirage:
Archie:
Playmates:
Original Series: TurtleNinja
Next Mutation: Kazari
Image: Mindychan
Dreamwave:
4Kids: Michaelangelo and Raphael
Neca: Buslady
(Info on how to become a TMNT-L Reviewer click here)

And a big thanks to everyone who takes part in our weekly activities, events and many other topics!

Now that's out of the way, please enjoy your stay here on TMNT-L Forums. Myself and rest of the staff of TMNT-L Forums will do our best to make your experience a pleasurable one.

Donatello  Leonardo  Michaelangelo  Raphael
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:58:29 PM by Raphael » Logged
TMNT-L ModSquad
TMNT-L Mod Squad
Foot Soldier

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 10:49:22 PM »

Hi Everyone,

TMNT-L is a place where we post a lot of reviews and try to cover every area of TMNT. There is a lot out there that needs to be reviewed from the comics, toys, cartoons and so much more. Those of us working on the review topics, realize that we could use the help of other members to try and cover more ground - people who can help put focus into one area, instead of a small group trying to focus on everything. Now we're stepping forward and asking help of the members who have the time and will to take part in starting review topics here on TMNT-L.

We are going to set up a post here on TMNT-L with credits towards those who do work on the forum. We will also give Thanks to any reviewers at the bottom of the TMNT-L Newsletters, so credit will be given to those who step forward to help with taking on review topics for the board. Here is a list of areas that should have reviews:

Mirage Comics : Michaelangelo has done some and would be honored if someone else could help take over here.
Toys : As of now we have no reviewer handling the playmates Toys. Michaelangelo has been handling.
Original Cartoon Series : TurtleNinja is the Original series reviewer at this time.
Archie Comics : As of now we have no reviewer handling the Archie Comics.
Image Comics : Mindychan is the Image Comic Reviewer at this time.
Dream Wave Comics : As of now we don't have anyone handling review topics for this.
Next Mutation : Kazari is the Next Mutation reviewer at this time.
4Kids : Michaelangelo and Raphael have been handling the 4Kids Reviews

Anyone who takes on the job as a reviewer will be given a lay out that'll help with starting off the topics... the introductions, credits towards product, release dates, and spoiler warnings (no spoiler warning needed for toys). They're ask to describe the topic in which they are reviewing, give a review of if they like/do not like, why and ask people for their thoughts on this subject. Reviewers are ask to do at least 3 reviews a month to keep the credit of the area they are a reviewer for.

About the TMNT-L Awards, Reviewers will still have a chance to get awards in the review section of the awards. However, they will not be counted for the area that they are already credited for. For example the Mirage Reviewer will not have their review counted for the Mirage Comics, but their reviews will be counted for any review they do on the original TMNT Cartoon, 4Kids, Image/Dream Wave, Next Mutation, etc. So as long as the reviewer does take time to peek in and review in other sections they will be up for a chance to earn Awards for Reviews during the TMNT-L Awards.

Please reply to this topic if you're interested in being a reviewer. We're looking for one to two people per section to help keep the reviews coming. We're also asking that reviews are done in order as when they came out, unless they are new releases that just came out. New Releases get top status for reviews. As people volunteer we will add them to the credits in this topic here, until all spots have at least two reviewers. If anyone at any point in time wishes to retire from their spot as a reviewer we will post here to let people know that a spot is open.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:08:35 PM by Michaelangelo » Logged

TMNT-L Modsquad-
Raphael, Michaelangelo, Phoenix,
DanceingFae, Donatello
Admin-
Fugitoid
Kazari
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

kazari
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 11:07:05 PM »

YAY!!! I'm honored to be a reviewer! I know I have been slacking off *sweatdrop* But I'll definitely get a review out for the next episode tomorrow!

TurtleNinja
TMNT-L Reviewer
Ultimate Ninja

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 09:30:12 AM »

I'd be willing to give a shot to the Original Cartoon, though I have to catch up on the DVD sets. Last one I managed to get was #4, and I think we're what, up to #6 now? Or is it only #5?

If all else fails, I still have my tapes. I can see if those still work or not. But there's a LOT of eps to go through, so I'll probably have time to pick up the next DVD set or two(likely off Best Buy or somewhere, we don't have a very good video selection here) before I get that far along.

It'd give me a chance to watch the DVDs again. Haven't had much of a chance the last year or so.

"I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett, Attack Of The Clones
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 10:34:53 AM »

Hiya TN,

Sure you can be a reviewer for the OS series.  No rush to get the other DVDs just yet, there's only up to season 5 released, season 6 is coming out soon.  And we do ask that they're done in order.

All reviews for the original series should have

Quote from: "layout"
Topic set up>  *SPOILER* "title" *SPOILER* OS S(season number)

Top of the topic give the info on the episode name, which season it's from and what DVD the episode can be found on.

*Picture of DVD cover*

Place a spoiler block so that people don't go down and read by mistake.

Describe what happens in the episode.

Your review of the episode

Ask others what they think.

There is one episode done already Turtle Tracks.

Just do at least three reviews a month and your name will remain in the credits as a TMNT-L Reviewer.   Links will be added from your topics to the episode list in TMNT 4K/TNM/OS on DVD : Episode list and links for reviews

Always check the List and Links topic to make sure the episode you're about to review is not reviewed already.  More than likely there will be two reviewers handling the Original Series, if someone else steps up to help out there as well.

Thank you TN!

Buslady
Hun

Raph's Favorite Bass player! ^.^

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 12:24:29 PM »

hey id like to do the neca toys. soon as i start finding them i'll review and stick up pics to go with it.

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »

Hey BL!

Thanks so much!   The reviews for NECA would be for the Comics & Collectables section here on TMNT-L.   I can't wait to see your reviews (and I can't wait to see the toys in the stores Wink )

I'll be making a link for Toy reviews for people to go to to find reviews on what ever toy they're looking for, it'll cover both Playmates and NECA, so anytime you post a review for a toy, the link will be added in that topic for you.

TurtleNinja
TMNT-L Reviewer
Ultimate Ninja

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 06:42:09 PM »

Ok! That works out just fine for me. That looks to be about one review a week, which works, and if we're only up to #5 for DVD sets, that's a relief. Money's a bit tight for me right now after getting the new computer and after the wedding/honeymoon last year, so I'm not too far behind right now. I'll have a chance at getting #5 and then #6 without too much fuss.

I'll even write myself a bit of a note on the computer here so I don't forget about it, along with the way you want it set up(I'll even look at the Turtle Tracks one for starters) so I don't forget about that, either.

And if along the way, things get too crazy for me to be able to keep up, I'll let you know, but I don't think they will. Things've been way different since we got back from the honeymoon and everything got back to normal again. Kinda feels more like 05 to me now that everything's over. 06 and 07 just...disappeared for me, so the way things are going, it shouldn't be a problem, but I'll let you know if it is.

Also, if someone else steps aboard, I'll make sure to keep up to make sure we don't end up doubling up. Frankly, as many eps as there are, whew, I'd be glad for the help! Happy/Smile

"I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett, Attack Of The Clones
Buslady
Hun

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 10:12:25 PM »

woo! cool. Soon as I find then, they're MINE!
I'll write up a nice little review thingy on them and as more come out, ditto.

cynlee
Teacher
Memorial
Bebop

Smart Funny & full of wit. We will always Remember

Cynthia Fluharty
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 10:46:38 PM »

Quote from: "Buslady"
woo! cool. Soon as I find then, they're MINE!
I'll write up a nice little review thingy on them and as more come out, ditto.

Will you write up ALL of them?  Or will it only be Raph and how the others are good but not as good as Raph and--

*RUNS!!!*

"One of the few redeeming facets of instructors, I thought, is that occasionally they can be fooled."

Skeeve, “Another Fine Myth”

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 11:00:28 PM »

LOL at Cynlee...

Hopefully a review of each one would be nice *G*

Buslady
Hun

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 06:05:53 PM »

OHHHHHHH CYN....

naturally Raph'll be the first I buy, but I do want the full set Razz

And everyone that comes out after cos these are like the figs I've been waiting for!

Kazari
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

kazari
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »

I'll end up with 2 sets since I'm getting the autographed set at NYCC hopefully! *crosses fingers* And I already pre-paid for one from ebay a month ago LOL

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 06:38:04 PM »

Hate it that there's a limit with the NYC ones, or I'd say people let us know if you want them and we'd help out.  It bites that we can't do that.  Sad/Down   I'm trying as good as I can with figuring ways around that rule... but man...   I got a lot against me... not enough people to buy for others... and I'm the worse person at snail mail anyone has ever met (at least I'm honest about that).

Mindy
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

Author

Google Talk
mindymousie mindymousie
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 07:12:03 PM »

If somebody else could tag-team with me, I'd gladly take up the Image comics. Is it bundled with the Dreamwave run? I don't have those issues, I'm afraid.

Time is kinda limited for me right now :/

This is a great idea!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Next  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled