TMNT-L Forums
September 23, 2018, 11:11:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toronto Anime Con  (Read 19411 times)
WolfofMibu
Hun

« on: March 12, 2006, 11:23:41 PM »

A lot of us went this weekend.....

It was AMAZING seeing everyone from the board there.... being tired and lazy I am just going to paste what I wrote in my journal:

Saturday:

Toronto Anime Con was only two days, so I got up Saturday and watched the new Ninja Turtles... which was amazing in its own right and then having gotten ready and into my Blue costume before the con I left to go to Mairead's. I got Mairead and her sister Elaine and we headed for the convention. Took us under two hours to get there, no issues as soon as I got there we pretty much we ran into Ivey and her crew. Then said our "hellos", they were standing in line to get autographs so while they finished we shopped around the dealers room. I only bought two cds this weekend. That has to be a con record for me *laughs*

After shopping for a bit Ivey got done with her signing and invited me to walk down to her car with her to see some of the things she brought to the con. This lead to one of the truly awesome moments of the convention...

1) Ivey showed me the mask she has from one of the Turtle's Samurai helmets from Turtles three:

Very awesome and signed inside by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman, while I was being amazed over the prop she offered me a chance that made me extremely excited.

2) She allowed me to hold her Leonardo head from the 3rd Turtles movie.

Anyone who knows me, knows I have never been overly fond of the costumes from this film, but for some reason seeing it in person, it was just beautiful and as dorky as I know this sounds, I got completely choked up while I was holding it. Just realizing I was holding a piece of my favorite character ever. This honestly was the high light of my Saturday right here.

As I was still in awe of the fact that I had held Leo's head, we went and settled in the lobby looked around and talked, getting caught up on what has been going on in our lives the last few weeks... Suddenly I see Mairead and Elaine talking about a guy... I only see his back, but they are commenting on how attractive he is. I recognize the shape of his head and state "Hey that's Crispin Freeman!" Our entire group stood up as nearly one *laughs* And went over to meet him.

Neither Mairead or my's pictures with Crispin turned out that awesome, she is making a silly face in hers, mine is very blurry but I am posting them anyway :p

While we were standing around chatting and waiting to get our chance to talk to Crispin, Mairead decided she wanted to try on a corset... I was kind of wandering around looking as she did when I noticed Ivey was talking to Chris Sabat:

Chris: *seeing my approaching* Wow.... (I guess he liked my Blue costume :p)
Me: Have you seen Wolf's Rain??
Chris: No but I am GOING to watch it now....

I admit it was extremely flattering..... Thank you Chris Sabat *laughs*

Mairead and I got pictures with him today, in case anyone doesn't know Chris was Vegeta on DBZ, Armstrong on FMA and Ayame on Fruits Basket.

After seeing Crispin, was the masquerade. One would think because this was a small con with only ten entries it would have been lame NOT AT ALL.... it was the best masq I have been to. The voice actors hosted it and they turned into a cosplay idol kind of thing. Crispin Freeman MC'ed, Scott McNeil was Ryan Seacrest, Tony Sampson was Randy Jackson, Luci Christian was Paula Abdul and Chris Sabat was Simon Cowell. The voice actors NEVER went out of character. It was SO funny.... made me wish I had competed and like all they did was make fun of each other.... voice actors rule *laughs*

After the Masq we were STARVING!! We headed towards Donatello's:

LOOK KAZ: *laughs*

Group shot FTW!!:

But sadly it was full and we end up eating the Hard Rock Cafe. Now while the company was great and we had tons of fun talking... the food and service at the Hard Rock were sub par and I would not eat there again. I missed Planet Hollywood in NYC Sad/Down

Our Saturday mostly ended here. Got home very late... and was up again very early for:

Sunday:

Today was AMAZING! I cannot stress that enough. Got up super early... I feel like I could fall over at any moment *laughs* Met up with Ivey and everyone as soon as we arrived. Today we got to meet Matt Hill (Who in case anyone doesn't know plays Kira in Gundam Seed, Bankotsu on Inuyasha and most important he was inside the Raphael costume in the 3rd film and did his voice on Ninja Turtles the Next Mutation) Ivey was lucky enough to run into him and his friend Tony... also a voice actor, also a guest. They had been looking at all of her Turtle stuff and had rightly been amazed. When we got there it was nearly time for a panel with Scott McNeil, Tony Sampson And Matt Hill. We sat in and it wasn't like any panel I had ever been to. Usually at panels it seems like people ask the same tired old questions every time. This panel was WACKY!! The voice actors pretty much just made fun of each other and goofed around the ENTIRE TIME.

Ivey (whom is brilliant) gave them one of the scrips from the Next Mutation so Matt could read some of Raph, Tony got assigned Leo and Scott played with the Leo head because he was sulking that he didn't have a part. Tony and Matt really got into it and it was an great scene that had been cut from the show, so no one had ever actually seen it preformed outside of the people on the set. After they finished Scott jumped in and started playing Mikey in another scene and Tony took up Donnie and they randomly did another scene about looking for girls in the internet.... they ad-libbed a little and it was BEYOND funny. I also was lucky enough to snap a picture of the Leo head wearing the Samurai mask when Ivey was showing it to the voice actors:

After that panel was Crispin Freeman's panel. It was a completely different tone of a panel, yet just as outstanding. Crispin is very intelligent and very serious and most of his panel turned into a sometimes heated discussion about censorship of animation in the US and how animation is marketed nearly only to kids. These honestly were two of the best voice actor panels I have ever been to.

After Crispin Freeman we scooted out to get our pictures taken with Matt Hill.

I go to video tape for Ivey while she got her stuff signed, in the middle of me taping Tony walked up and I had to share with him my opinion on his try at Leo:

Me: Hey Tony!
Tony: *stops and looks*
Me: I think you did a really great job playing Leo at the panel today!
Tony: Really? He's the serious, leader Turtle of the group right?
Me: Yes he is *smiles*
Tony: So you really think I did a good job??
me: Yes I do...
Mairead: And if she says you do, trust me you did....
Matt: *pouting* Didn't I do good as Raphael??
Me: *laughs* You did extremely well as Raphael, and coming from me that really is a compliment!
Matt: Really?
Me: Yes
Matt: *grins*

Before we left we got our pictures taken with Matt and Tony:

First Tony:

Because everyone likes acting like a dork with me:

Matt:

After this we pretty much said our goodbyes Sad/DownSad/Down

Kazari
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

kazari
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 11:50:36 PM »

I am so jealous you went to Donatello's!!! *pouts* I am so taking a road trip up there now!! LOL. love the pics!! thank you for sharing!! Happy/Smile

Brinatello
Bebop

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 03:45:35 AM »

Oh, wow, great pictures!  Even though it was a short time, it still looks like it was a fun convention.  Blue, I felt the same way when I first got to hold Ivey's Leo head.  She brought him out and I held it like it was a baby!  I think I even kissed his nose at one point.   Love  Too bad you couldn't go to Donatello's for dinner.  The outside looks great, though!  Awesome pics of the VA's.  Funny how Matt also wears a cowboy hat like Scott McNeil does.

Posing in our costumes for the San Diego Comic Con Masquerade, July 22, 2006.   Very Happy/Big Grin
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 10:00:57 AM »

LOL Brin!  Good eye about that Cowboy hat, there's a funny story about that in the panel we went to with him.

See last year at "Anime North" Matt asked the Crowd "What does Scott have that I don't?!"  And someone from the crowd yelled up "A Cowboy hat!"  So durning the panel this year, some girls bought Matt a Cowboy Hat and surprised him with it!!!   They all signed the inside of the hat.  He wore it most of the rest of the day!  LOL

I'll talk more a little later about the con, still kind of getting my land feet from the trip.

Jephael
Bishop

jeoughton
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 10:25:32 AM »

Those are some awesome photos, Mibu! I love your hairstyle, BTW!

"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael - The Mean Machines
Danceingfae
TMNT-L Mod Squad
Shredder

danceingfae
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 05:50:08 PM »

Sounds like the weekend was a blast! Wish i could have been there, but instead i went to Seaside with my hubby (which was much needed). Funny thing is you were meeting up with Matt Hill who was in the same area i was this weekend. Kinda struck me as cool and an interesting thought.

And pity about Donatello's. They have great food. it must have changed from the last time i was up there because they didn't say anything about needing reservations or such. Well good thing to note for the future!

And some times.... 
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 10:37:27 PM »

Hiya all, just wanted to send along first book of Toronto Anime.  

Saturday was NOT my dad, it started on the way there, we hit the road at 1am as I was hoping we would... though sadly I wasn't able to get a wink of sleep before leaving, my body just wouldn't sleep.   So on the road, SW and Eclipse got to close their eyes here and there, I know they didn't get enough sleep but I'm glad they were able to rest.   Though the first thing that hit us with this trip was the Fog!   The Fog through most of the night was so thick you couldn't see pass the light of your headlights.  

The next problem I realizes is that I didn't bring my cash I left at home for this trip!!!  I'm going to kick myself for that!  That money I left was suppose to be my fee to get into the con and my food money.  Though I pulled money from my account, and lucky we figured out ways around bouncing my bank account.  Though that should of been a sign that this day wasn't going to go my way.

SW had her own signs that this was going to be the stinker of the two days.  I don't know how many times she would look up and say I smell a skunk!   One time it even woke her from a dead sleep.  I don't have a good sense of smell, and Eclipse doesn't either... so both of us did not have this torment.  I swear there was over 15 Skunks between the US Bridge and Toronto.  The skunks were farting that night Wink

I followed Semi's most of the way through the Fog, so it really did slow down the trip there.  Though we didn't get lost once, as we drove straight to the convention Center.  I parked right next to the main entrance into the convention center, ariving at 6am has its perks.  We watched them unlcok the doors so we went in and searched for the anime con, to find it was down stairs (I've never been down there before).  We went down and found which rooms the con will be in, though no one, and nothing was there yet.

We decided it may be a good idea to find Breakfast, there was a McDonalds across the street, so that's where we figured we'd get food.  Though at 6:30am, they were not open and as the morning went on we got differnet times from different people of when it'll open.... 7am... 7:30am... 8am... 9am.... it just got crazy.  I gave up on eatting just hanging out in line for the convention to start, SW and Eclipse were able to get themselves a small bite to eat.   Though while sitting down there, first we started to see people show up from the convention to start and set up, than we saw other fans starting to show up.

It was a lot nicer than big con lines, people just seem to know everyone.  It was really cool, I talked with a lot of people about anime and Turtles.  Made a lot of new friends, there wasn't many people there that traveled far for the con, and really we learned they only had 3 rooms.... the  Panel room, Anime Room, and Dealer room (Autographs were done in the Dealer Room).  I don't know how many people were there, but it was a lot smaller than the two cons I just went to.  They were all very friendly, one even helped me out by giving me a $5 off cupon for the convention!   Which was totally nice of her!!!!!

The convention opened at 11am, the convention workers made sure no one cut in front of us and that we were the first 3 in, knowing we've been there for a long time.  We looked around the dealer room, I told the others I was going to go and get the Leonardo head from the car, to get ready for Matt's panel that was suppose to be starting at 12 noon.  I went to the car and came down stairs, the box was heavy and I was really tired out... though when I got down stairs I saw the thing that I did NOT want to see... a note in bold letters at the panel room.  Matt Hill will be Sunday ONLY.... I was ready to cry, my arm was so sore from getting the box.  Thankfully one of my new friends from the con was there, and helped me carry the head back up to the car.

By mistake I left my video camera in the box with the head, as we went back into the convention.  I got SW and Eclipse telling them I'm still going to the Scott McNeil panel.  We headed out of the dealer room to sit down for a second, than I saw Chris and Luci.  I got up and said hi to them, I got Luci to sign my FMA wall scroll since she has played at least 3 characters on the show, she informed us while we were there that she's Wrath.  I thought that was VERY cool!!  I picked on Chris a bit, but than they had to leave to get something to eat before their panel.  It seemed like as soon they left, Scott McNeil appeared, so we went into his panel.

This is when I realized, I didn't have my video camera on me (but I had the tripod...  Razz )   So I figured I'd take a lot of pictures of this panel, since I didn't have video.  The other person in this panel was Tony Sampson.  Tony best known roll is Eddy from  "Ed, Edd, and Eddy".  Scott ruled the panel, at times I felt bad for Tony cause he would try to say something and Scott would just take lead in the discussion.   One of the BEST parts about this panel has to be the life saber fight, as someone from the crowd had two life sabers and had the two go at each other.  It was real funny.  I was taking lots of pictures, but than the screen on my camera started to flicker and it went off.  The battery was low.  So I turned it back on, hoping to get some more pictures... just a few more... but instead it said I needed to reformate my memory card.  So I lost all the pictures I took that day, and even after doing that the battiers were still too low to take anymore.  What really peeves me off about this is that I charged these battiers right before leaving home.

I was about ready to cry with how bad things were going on that hand, ... first money being left home, than no breakfast, than Matt Hill not showing up, than forgetting my Video Camera in my car and than this.  Geeze I don't usually run into this much bad luck at one con.  I know SW could tell I was upset.  She stayed for the two follow up panels, I went on to my car to get my camcorder and to put a few things away.  I also just wanted some time to breath, I know I was over tired durning all of this too which I believed played a big factor into how I was feeling at that moment.   I ate a few cheetos to not be with a totally empty stomac, and drank some water than headed back in.  I got in line with Eclipse, and had a long wait.   Of course any line with Scott McNeil, is not going to fast.  

One of our new friends joined us in line, I'm going to call her LP (since her nick name is Lady Phoenix).  LP was the first anime fan that we met at the con, she was behind us in line to get into the convention.  So she was joining us for the panels.  She's very cool and knows a lot of different animes, she's also a really good artist.  She does drawings of characters that the VAs she meets do the voices for, and has them sign her drawings.  She's got a good collection in her sketch book.    It was really cool in the autograph line, when LP let Tony know which voice on Ranma 1/2 that he does.  He thanked her for that, since he forgot.

While we were in line, which felt like forever I got to talk to Tony here and there, found out he likes TMNT!  I showed him a picture of my room, and talked a little TMNT with him.  One of the reasons the line was taking so long was because Scott McNeil got stopped from doing autographs, to do an interview.  We were all happy when that interview was finally done, but than the lady kidnapped Tony!!  *bap the interviewer*  That annoyed us just as much, cause now we had to wait for Tony to come back.  Though when he came back, he made it up to the crowd by giving away Jaw Breakers to us all!  I got a green one.   Very Happy/Big Grin

I was standing there in line I believe this was after I got my free jaw breaker and I looked up and saw Ninjaplease, right away I looked around and saw Blue!   I called Blue over and said hi to her, told her about the panel... (this is why I usually video tape the panels, my reviews are so much better if I can re watch them Wink  I know it was a funny panel, but I'm not pulling everything up in my mind right now).  They were going to wander around a bit and shop while we stayed in line.

While in line we met Scott's friend, a guy that was sitting there next to Scott.... darn me for blanking out on his name, though he couldn't believe the Bonesteel figure I had, he tried to get Scott's attention to pick on him about it, but Scott was in his own world with the fans up near him.  I talked with him for a little to pass the time.  He seems pretty cool, and was having a ton of fun sitting up there with the guys.

Once we got up there in line I had Scott sign a Bonesteel figure and a few other things, but the best thing to watch him sign would have to be the animation cel that Eclipse had from T-Rex.  Scott went crazy over it.  This was a wonderful moment, I'm so thrilled I caught it on video!  I'm surprised she didn't have him sign the original art work too.  I would of got both signed Wink  And he said that this is the ONLY T-Rex cell he's ever signed!  

Right around this time Mily came up and said Hello!  Her friend um, I know his name but I don't like using real names. I'll call him M, was with her.   I said hi to them real fast though while they were saying hi I noticed Chris and Luci was set down at the table right next to them, being the stupid person I am, I thought that our line would just keep going so we could get their autographs too.   So I got them both to sign a few things.  Chris liked my Armstrong trading card.  So after getting just a few things signed I stepped away from there and went into the hall and we found somewhere to sit.  

Mily, M, SW, LP, Eclipse and I were sitting out there talking.  I was eatting pocky, which was once again one of the few foods I've eatten that day.  Though I got a SHARP pain in my gut, so I slowed down on eatting and just started to rest.  I was sitting on my knees, with my legs under me.   I know I was having a hard time keeping up with the topic though at one point it seemed like I was listening to them and next thing I knew I was opening my eyes with a sharp pain in my gut again.   Everyone was stareing at me, they said I was sleeping sitting up for about 4 to 5 minutes.  Not too surprising with how I haven't eatten yet at that point, and that I was also on that much lack of sleep.

Once Blue and Ninjaplease came out we discussed what was going on... they wanted to walk around another time in the dealer room, Mily and M were running to get some food.  So we walked into the dealer room, than after doing a little bit of walking around in there we went out into the hall and sat down, sitting over near the pay phones.   We talked a bit, one of the conventions workers walked over asking to see our badges, they got theirs out to show, though once Eclipse, SW and I went to show ours they're like "We already know you're with us.."    Heh just how well we got known for coming so early.

We got up after a bit of talking and went into the dealer room again.  While in there we bumped into Mily and M again.   We were getting ready to go to the "Cosplay Idol".   So we headed there, stupid me... I didn't realize till the show was starting, but I had only 10 minutes left on my video tape!  I had spare tapes in the car but didn't think I'd need any!  I REALLY wish I got this recorded!   It was so FUNNY!!!!!  

Chris is a WONDERFUL SIMON!  He stayed in character and Chris was bickering with Scott who was Ryan.  It was just GREAT all around.  I loved it!!!!!!  There was 10 shows, some were just well... um, ok.  Though some were really funny.  But no matter how the cost players did, the guest always had some GREAT lines to add in to make it one of the funniest things ever!!!  I did tape the last bit of it, where they choose their winners.    After that the convention part of the night was over...

We went to the bathroom there which was kind of funny, because there seems to be a theatre down there with all these people dressed up all nice and fansy, than you got cosplayers and so on walking through this huge crowd of over dressed people walking to the bathrooms.   The LOOKS that were being given were wonderful!   After that we hit top side, going to the subway to head to Donatello's.  I learned that this was Eclipse first time ever on a Subway.

We took the Subway to the same stop I had to take back when I went to Toronto Con with Fae and Zip, it was great to see that area again, it all made that con seem like yesterday.  We walked to Donatello's and posed for pictures.  Though sadly, they told us it was reservations only.  Which was a bit sad.  After that we walked over to Hard Rock Cafe.

The full time at Hard Rock, Blue and I were compareing to Planet Hollywood.  Here's my score count.

Catorgy ---- Planet Hollywood  -------------------------------------------------  Hard Rock Cafe

Service -----  +5  (water cup never stayed empty) -------------  -1  (Had long waits before waitress came to the table)
Food     -----  +20 (So Good I couldn't wait for more!) ---------  -10 (The meat was burnt BLACK!)
Noise level -- +2  (At least you could hear each other) ----------  -1  (Had to YELL to be heard)
TMNT  -------- +100 (Mikey's there!)-------------------------------- -200 (No TMNT at all Wink )

Over all Planet Hollywood was a nicer place and I enjoyed my visit there so much more.  It wasn't just because Michaelangelo was there, but my food was wonderful I've been craving more since I left, I ordered the same thing at Hard Rock that I ordered at Planet Hollywood.  Oh and the wait on the food was forever as well at Hard Rock.  So all in all, Planet Hollywood is a good deal and I'll NEVER go back to the Hard Rock Cafe in Toronto again!

After that we went down to the subway and sadly had to say good bye to Mily and M.   Hopeing to get the chance to see them on Sunday.  Than we headed back to my car to get and my meds and a few other things and put some stuff back in the car.   Ninjaplease and Blue gave us a ride to the Days Inn we were staying at, than said our good nights.  I didn't get to sleep till a little after midnight.

The hotel room was a normal size for a room, it had a TV, a couch (fold out bed), two double beds, plenty of table space and a good size bathroom.   The service was good!  And there's a trolly from the hotel that goes very close to the convention center that runs 24 hours a day.

There are no pictures from me of Saturday, though I did get some video... so maybe I'll snappy pictures off of that.

Sunday review is coming soon and that will have pictures!

Brinatello
Bebop

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 03:47:02 AM »

Oh, man, Ivey.  I'm sorry about your string of bummers for Saturday.  Probably the worst was losing all those pictures during the panel.  I didn't know a digital camera could lose images because of a dead battery.  Isn't there some way to recover them all?  Maybe this Site can help you.  *shrug*

Some of the highlights that sounded great was with Scott in the Autograph line and the whole Cosplay Idol thing.  I can only imagine how the actors played out Ryan, Paula, Simon, and Randy!  Too funny.  Aside from the bummers, it sounds like the day went pretty well.  Happy/Smile

Posing in our costumes for the San Diego Comic Con Masquerade, July 22, 2006.   Very Happy/Big Grin
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 05:08:56 PM »

Sunday, can't believe it was only two days ago now.....

I woke up at 7am, and took a hot relaxing bath, much needed after Saturday.  I started the day with a vicodin to prepair for the day.  Than took all of my batteries off of my charger.  Shadow Wolf got her bath in too, as we gathered everything for the ride back to the convention center.  Once we cleaned up and got out of the room I asked the Front desk where a McDonalds was, and found out there's one right next door!  What Luck!  I told both Eclipse and SW this was a sign for a better day.

We went to McDonalds and ordered breakfast and lucky for us, the trolly came just as we finished.  So we got onto the trolly and went to John street which just happens to be only a block from the convention center.  So we walked the rest of the way, and went straight to the car.  Switching up the load of stuff we were carrying.  I decided to bring Leonardo's head down right away this time, and boy am I glad I did.   I also brought down the face mask from TMNT 3.   When I got down there, I saw people from yesterday sitting down so I went over and joined them showing the head a little and talking Turtles.

While talking to my new friends I looked up to see Tony coming down the elevator with Matt Hill!!!!!!!!  I got up and greeted them at the bottom of the steps, really surprising Matt with my face mask part, as he confirmed to me, it's the real deal.  I talked a little bit near there than told him that I have Leonardo's head in a box, so Matt came over and sat with us as I showed him Leonardo's head.  At first he said "This is a stunt double Head" than he flipped it over and his eyes widen... "No this is the real thing, here's the wires I hated... I mean I loved so much!"   He couldn't believe it was one of the heads, he started to talk about working on the movie.  It seems he enjoyed the movie job more, by how much more he spoke of it.  When he saw pictures from the Next Mutation he asked what that was, I told him it was the live action TV show he did the voice for.  

We talked for awhile, other people were around talking too.  Matt is a really great guy, he's very nice and seems to have some good memories from working on TMNT.  He says he thought the TMNT 3 costumes looked the coolest, though he agrees that TMNT 1 was the best movie.   He signed a few of my things there, though Tony and him had to check out of their hotel room, so he said he'd see us later.

After he left LP showed up and I talked to her for a little bit, the convention was already open, but I didn't go in right away, not with the head there.  I got up to say hi to Crispin with the others, I wanted him to sign something real fast but he wanted to step into the dealer room to do that.  I wouldn't go, that would require leaving my Turtle Head sitting in the hall way since I wasn't near it even than.  So I went back to where my stuff was, than went and got ready for the first panel with Scott McNeil, Tony Sampson, and Matt Hill.   This was the Panel I was waiting for.

When it started, it was just them goofing off, I finally raised my hand to ask the first question.  Though before I could even ask the question Matt told everyone who I was and that I drove up from Michigan.  Than even requested that I took the head out of the box, so I brought the head up to the table and set it up there, than asked them to do a script reading.... Tony as Leonardo and Matt as Raphael.  Though Scott spoke up "Bonesteel wouldn't happen to be in that script now would he?"  I'm like "No you already signed those so I don't have them here.  I got the script and they goofed off with Chung I's name acting like the lady from "Mad TV"  'He looks like a man' than started into the script.

The scenes I had them reading are cut scenes that never made it into the TV series.   Like with Rob Paulsen's bit I found this skit done so well, I wanted to share it with everyone so here it is.   It's from "East Meets West" Part 1 there's two different scenes being read in this clip.  One which should only have Raph and Leo, the other that should only have Don and Mike.

Raphael : Matt Hill
Leonardo : Tony Sampson
Michaelangelo : Scott McNeil
Donatello : Tony Sampson

(Please if a member of youtube rate this video and feel free to comment)

After that Matt was surprised as a huge Kyro (a character he plays on "Card Captors") came out behind him.   So he ran behind it and started to do the voice.  Soon enough Kyro's head was also placed on the table.   This got Scott to realize something... "Hey why is only Matt's Heads on the table?"   Scott asked, as the crowd yelled up... "Because we love him".  To not feel left out, Scott took his hat off and set it down on the table.   So I got some pictures and video of one of the rear times Scott didn't have his hat on.  Hehehe  

There was a request to leave Leonardo up on the table with them through the panel so I did just that.  The panel was great it was full of non stop laughs, but one of the funniest parts to me was when the girls came up and gave Matt a cowboy hat.  For no reason what so ever the three of them started to rap, and Matt had Leo's head on his shoulders.  One of the lines in the rap was "Scott, Tony and Leo... don't know where Matt is, because lost Matt"  and that was Matt singing hehehe.  It was a funny little rap, but also made for some GREAT pictures!!!!  

The panel lasted the full hour, I don't think I can get into all of the funny things that happened durning it.  I will say, that Tony Sampson has moved up as one of my fav VAs to meet and I hope to see him at many more cons.  And now that I've met all three "Ed, Edd and Eddy" I think I'm becoming a fan of that show.... hehehe  After the panel came the autograph line.  Tony helped me out by bringing the Leo box up next to Matt so I wouldn't have to carry it through the line.  That was very nice of them to let me leave it up there durning the line.

Durning the line one person was very rude, a dealer.  I was in line talking to the guy behind me, and as I was talking to him one of the dealers yelled. "You don't have to talk so LOUD with your Annoying voice!"  I turned and looked right at the dealer and he was stareing at me.  I looked back towards the guy I was talking too, as I said "I will TALK with my normal voice if I want to in a public place!"  I said it a bit louder just to make sure he heard it.  I know it pizza'ed him off, because he moved away and had someone else watch the table for him.  That's his problem, because other people are talking all around us, being loud or quiet, it didn't matter.  And I wasn't screaming, I was talking normal.  I will amit, my voice is a tad louder than some people, I have a bit of a theatre voice since I grew up acting and doing all of those Bday parties. If he wanted me to quiet down, and get a good responce from me where I would of listened to him, all he would of had to do was come up to me and ask me too, with manners.   People who don't know how to ask for things before being jerks, don't deserve any respect from me, or anyone else they're being annoying to.

The guy behind me can only go to conventions on Sundays because of his religion so he was hoping the line would move a little faster, which is so different from me.  True I'd like to get up and see them, though at the same time I want everyone to have their chance to talk and see the guest.  These lines are not just about a scribble on a piece of paper, it's about being there for their the guest, letting them know what you think of their work, getting to know them, asking them those questions you didn't durning the panel... making a memory worth thinking about.  Anyone ever go through those autograph lines where the people just grab what they're signing for you without even looking up, sign it than passes it back to you like they're done....?   I hate lines like that, it's so impersonal... I just waited in line for 4 hours and the person didn't even say hi to me, is the thought you get in your head... when you're done.   Does that sound plesent at all?  So when I get up there, I love to be able to say hi for a few minutes without feeling rushed, so I don't rush the people ahead of me.

Once we got up near the end of the line Blue and Ninjaplease joined me, they stayed back so that they could go to the Crispin Freeman, so I know by this point I was in the line for an hour Wink  We talked for a bit, as I finally got up to see Matt.  Blue was nice enough to tape this for me, as he signed some more of my stuff.  We talked for a little bit as he signed things.   Matt is really a Great person!  

In the mean time SW got my "Slayers" wallscroll signed for me by Crispin Freeman and she handed it back to me in time for me to see Luci and get her to sign it at as well.  So that went over GREAT Happy/Smile   I got at least everyone's autograph once at this convention, and I can't count how many things poor Matt signed for me.  Though to give other people the chance to get things signed, we went on our way to get ready for the next panel that we wanted which was an hour away "Good bye to the Guest"  Though first I brought stuff back up to the car.  As Leo was done for the day.   I grab a bag of Cheetos from the car and some water, so I had something to munch on, as we went back in.  I sat in the panel room, they were doing "Win, Loose or Draw"  so I sat in back most of the time, but as the time drew near for the panel we wanted we moved to the front.  

Tony came in and sat next to us talking in that panel room for the rest of the game.... though someone made an anncoument that the Good bye hug panel is now going to be held at the autograph table.  Aka that panel is cancelled go say good byes over there so the actors can finish signing autographs.  That was cool with me.  We followed Tony over there and talked for a bit, I figured I'd hit the road soon if there wasn't going to be anymore panels and I had a long drive ahead of me.  

I said good bye to Chris Sabat who had to catch a plane early and said it was great seeing him again, I don't know when my next con of seeing him will be.  Than I said good bye to Tony Sampson, Matt Hill and Scott McNeil.  Blue and Ninjaplease walked us out to our car, and SW, Eclipse and I had to start pulling things apart to start repacking it so it wasn't a dirty locker anymore.

Though after giving the hugs good bye to Blue and Ninjaplease I started to work on the car only to find two things I really wanted Matt to sign for me were not signed.  So I told SW and Eclipse I'll be back (Thanks both of you for cleaning the rest of the car out while I was gone!).  I ran down stairs to find out that Matt just went to be interviewed.   I saw Tony and told him I'm not back for long, and told Scott the same thing.  I talked with one of the other girls who were waiting for Matt to return, than turned to notice MILY!  

Mily and her brother just showed up at the convention, so I got to see her again after all!  I didn't think I would.  She waited with me for Matt to return, and said she already bumped into him while he was being taken away to do the interview.   It was great seeing her, I would of felt bad if she totally missed us.  Matt told her that we already left, so she wasn't excepting to see me again.   When Matt came back, he saw me before he saw Mily, and right away went to tell me that Mily was here looking for me, but he was happy to see that she was standing next to me.  

I had him sign the few pictures and told him I hope to meet him again in the future.  He started to tell us a little about the filming of TMNT 3, though went on about how he wish he had his pictures with him.   So he didn't finish.  We let him finish doing his autographs than had a picture of us (Mily and I) with him.  After that I had to say my good byes to Matt and Scott, this time Scott kissed my hand good bye, He's really a GREAT guy!

Mily came out the car with us, and saw us off as we finished packing up the car.  Before driving away, we ate some tuna stuff that SW got for the road trip.  Than hit the road.   I got out of Toronto for the first time without really needing the map, I didn't even look at the map till we were at a gas station just to make sure I was on the correct rout and I was.  So I'm proud of myself for that one.  

It didn't take us long to get home at all, and SW only had to smell two Skunk farts, so all was well.   We got home around midnight.

Pictures of Sunday coming soon.

Danceingfae
TMNT-L Mod Squad
Shredder

danceingfae
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 06:01:35 PM »

So glad to hear that Sunday went over so much better then saturday! Things that day just kept all piling up but thankfully it seems that Sunday made up for it.

I checked out the vid on youtube and that was so funny! I was laughing so hard! Sounds like Matt Hill is a great guy, and when i think about it, it's not too surprising that he wa in the costume for the third movie as well as the voice for RAph in the Next Mutation. Vancouver B.C. and Astoria, Oregon are not all that far away from each other.

And it's awesome that you got to see Mily again! Once again i'm so happy that Sunday turned out to be the better day!

And some times.... 
Brinatello
Bebop

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 06:07:36 PM »

I agree.  Sunday definitely made up for Saturday's bummers big time!  You got to eat at McDonald's.   Very Happy/Big Grin j/k, but a good breakfast helps you throughout the day.  The video clip was hilarious, I laughed the most when Scott was moving Leo's lips during the script-reading.  I'd love to see him again.  I've only met him once years ago at the Botcon and he's sooo awesome.  I'd love to meet the other VA's, too.  Glad it all worked out for you and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your pictures!

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 06:12:40 PM »

Oh something else I want to comment on, that I didn't bring up before.  Ninjatron was at this convention!!!!  So I got to speak with him and say hi.  It's always good to see friends.

That's something else I liked about this little con for this small of a con there was a lot of friends...

Blue
Mily
Ninjaplease
Ninjatron
Eclipse
Kusanivy
Shadow Wolf
Katgm (A friend who's a big Scott McNeil fan Happy/Smile )
Mily's bro (made friends with him last summer)

It was a lot of fun, and that's not counting the VAs I knew before this weekend that I feel are friends now. Happy/Smile

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 06:18:16 PM »

In reply to both Fae and Brin

Yes Sunday made up for Saturday all the way.  I don't feel so bad about everything on Saturday now, wish I could get some of those pictures back.  But I'll live.  And I got a lot of ones from Sunday to post.  I know I'll be posting them this week, not sure if I'm doing it today or not yet.   Been jumping all over the board doing stuff today.

I'm glad you both enjoyed the video.  Man I was dieing watching Scott move the mouth like that....'aw man don't rip it' was going through my head.   Though Leonardo is doing great, I checked him over as soon as he was back in my arms.  Scott was moving him right, by pinching the part of the lips that's connected to the the rest of the head.

I think it's funny that he was only doing it for Matt, when Matt was doing Raphael, not Leonardo.  Wink  Hehehe you know it would of been perfect if he did it when Tony was speaking as Leonardo  LOL

WolfofMibu
Hun

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 06:29:48 PM »

You know I had the same thought when Scott started moving the Leo's mouth..... I was all like  Shocked  I was so afriad he was going to hurt him.... I am glad he was alright *laughs*

And honestly I don't know if Scott was even paying attention to characters... I think he just wanted to make fun of Matt  Razz

Kazari
TMNT-L Reviewer
Krang

kazari
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 08:03:58 PM »

I wish I could have gone *pouts* Stupid distance! LOL Thanks for sharing that video to me, Ivey! I busted out laughing!!! I love NM! *squeals* This con sounds totally awesome! I almost miss panels like that! I hope AN is just as good!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Next  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled