TMNT-L Forums
October 21, 2017, 08:10:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 : Out of the Shadows * No SPOILERS *  (Read 4050 times)
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« on: May 23, 2016, 09:08:15 PM »

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtes 2 : Out of the Shadows comes out on June 3rd, though right now screenings are starting to happen and some lucky TMNT fans are making it out to see the movie.  Yesterday, I was one of many TMNT fans who got to go see the movie in New York City.  And I'll like to share my thoughts on the film without giving away spoilers, esp this early before the release.

First thing I'll like to say is that I give this a 7 out of 10, with 10 being great.  In order of TMNT films I like this one as almost a tie to the 2007 movie, and maybe because of plot only, a little better than the 2007 movie.  But 2007 clearly had the better Turtle designs. They look a LITTLE better than the 2014 design, but still in the field of, not the design I fan.

Each of the Turtles play roles in the movie, it's not centered on any one of the Turtles.  Leonardo is learning lessons about being a leader and how his choices could hurt his family.  Donatello is working on finding out with the Foot is up too.  Raphael is being himself, in questioning where things are going and how their life could be better and Michelangelo is exploring the world of wanting to be able to go out with humans.  I am impressed on how well they'd did with the Turtles, the problems I had with them in the 2014 movie was no where near as much of problems, and it really did give some great nods to us old school fans.  Even with some good inside jokes.

It's easy to find Kevin Eastman's appearance in the film.  It's near the beginning of the film... and his name is mentioned Wink

Now onto the bad Guys....

The Good.....
Bebop and Rocksteady rocked this movie!  I love every scene they were in.  They were funny, had me laughing.  They were well written and designed.  Their actors really caught their personalities.  I really enjoyed seeing them on the big screen!

The okay...
Shredder and Karai, were just there.  They did not sink in as characters that's going to stand out to me.

The bad...
Baxter Stockman...  he felt very off to me, and I couldn't get into the changes made.  I mentioned it in my trailer review before, he felt like the Nutty Professor... not  because of his looks, but because of how he moved, laughed and talked.  It just never felt like Baxter Stockman to me.  Kind of like April did not feel like April to me in the 2007 TMNT movie.  Sometimes changes work for people, sometimes they don't.... for me this was not a changed I cared for.
Krang... his voice threw me off mostly.  I didn't mind him too much, and hope we find out more about the character in future movies.  As I think that was my biggest problem.  I liked Krang more than Baxter.

Good Guys

Vern, a LOT MORE FUN!  I liked him in this movie way more than in the 2014 movie.  It was more about him... him... him... not about his crush on April.  His character was something I really enjoyed and I'm glad that he's got his eyes on other women now.
April, okay.  Still not my favorite and not my lease favorite.... she sits in the middle with Paige Turco.
Splinter... NEEDS more screen time!
Casey Jones... AWESOME!  A new take on Casey, new background, but fun and really fit well into this universe of Turtles.

Over all I think this was a good plot, some scenes handled better than others.  But the plot is way better than both 2007 and 2014 films.  The characters were fun when they needed to be, with a LOT of interaction between the Turtles.  Though there was still a lot of action which made it all work out.  I can't wait to see the film again.

* A note for fans who want to see screenings... Advance screenings are FREE you find them through contests and give aways in your local areas.  Newspapers, radio shows and the News are places that you can often learn of giveaways for movie screenings.  Another thing is signing up for an account at Gofundme   Going to the Red Carpets is the same thing, you find these tickets for free they do not cost an arm and a leg.  I encourage people to check for local give aways in their areas. *

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 09:17:45 PM »

Wanted to add this video... it's the live performance before the NYC permiere

!Video from TMNT 2 Permiere

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: