TMNT-L Forums
October 21, 2017, 03:37:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to collect without pets/kids destroying?  (Read 1052 times)
CripplingInsomnia
Foot Soldier

« on: March 09, 2017, 05:34:34 PM »

I want to collect many thins, but my little cat 🐱 gets into everything. I had a Spock bobblebead she chewed through the box!!  Shocked the most obvious is a cabinet I guess? But so expensive... I thought a high shelf, but she is part hover board and found a way up!

also,  do you with kids make your collection off limits to them or do you let them be active in it??
Leonardo the 2nd
Stocktronics

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 06:28:10 PM »

Do you mean generally or the turtles stuff?

I took some weapons from my action figures to a spot where my little boy cant take it into his mouth. Some are a bit too small so he could swallow it.
Otherwise I still have my tmnt posters on the walls...some I took away so he can have his own (inside out for example...he likes that movie)

But yes...I have to be careful what he gets in his little hands...

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 02:16:22 AM »

I think it depends on the kids....  when my brother's kids moved in I had my collection off limits.  But their mother had a rule... "If they broke it, it's your fault because you left it in their reach".  So I had a lock for my upstairs door, keeping the kids from coming upstairs at all. 

Though Voicechaser had a great collection on display around her kids, and was able to get her little ones nice toys.  They were great with toys, every time we came over.  It was so cool to see how well these kids would do with collectibles on display around them. 

Same thing can be said about pets.  The personality is what makes the choice on how to react with the protection of the collection.  I love having kids and animals around, though I am careful on who gets close to the collection. 

to the point that I just bought a house, the floor the collection will be displayed on is locked up with only few having access to it.  Not because of the pets and kids around, just that I don't want anyone on that floor while I'm out of town or something.  I'm an over protective collector Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled