TMNT-L Forums
August 19, 2017, 11:00:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about the TMNT reboot coming in 2018?
Excited
Okay - going to miss 2012 Series
Okay - needed a reboot
There's a reboot?
NOOOOO They can't do this!
Don't care - not a cartoon fan
I just go where the ride takes me

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New TMNT Series coming in 2018.. Thoughts?  (Read 670 times)
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« on: April 15, 2017, 03:03:33 AM »

Okay everyone this is the last season of the 2012 TMNT series.  A new show is coming in 2018... news has been out for a few months so people have been able to process it and figure out how ya feel.

Gave a few options there...

Excited - meaning you can't wait for what ever is coming and don't care as long as it's something new and fresh... ya totally trust the new guys.
Okay - going to miss 2012 Series .... is for those who are okay with the changed but really liked the 2012 series.
Okay - needed a reboot.... For those who are not well excited, but at the same time got tired of what the 2012 series was doing.
There's a reboot.... for those who are just now learning... which means ya haven't been keeping up with cartoon news.
NOOOO They can't do this!  ... is for those who well, love the Nick series and do not want it to end.
Don't care - not a cartoon fan.... for the people who already knew there's a reboot coming in 2018 but don't really care for tv... more comics, toys, movie fans ect...
I just go where the ride takes me...  is for the people who's not really upset or excited, just curious what the next show will be.

This is not a topic to try and figure out what they're going to do in the next series... animation, characters, ect... it's just a reaction post.  How do you feel?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Foot Soldier

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 02:46:53 PM »

I like the fact how TMNT still continues. It has soon been around as long as Batman, Spiderman and Superman had when TMNT was new.

Falkor
Foot Soldier

stop looking for the magic. you are it.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 11:07:10 PM »

There's a reboot?

Falkor, The Luck Dragon
BubblyShell22
Fugitoid

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 07:19:54 PM »

While it will be sad for this series to go, I'm glad that they are going to keep things going even if it's in a new direction.

"A warrior who never fails, never learns." --The Ancient One.
Malik
Rank Soldier

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 01:37:50 AM »

I like the fact how TMNT still continues. It has soon been around as long as Batman, Spiderman and Superman had when TMNT was new.

Same, i just hope they don't make it too cheesy and stay true to the old characters.
Foot Soldier

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 09:55:02 AM »

If the producers stay true to the old characters, there'll be people complaining over that. If there's change, there'll be people complaining over that.

Raphael
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Mess with the best, get bapped like the rest!

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 09:01:00 AM »

Yep, tis the nature of fandom. No matter what is done, there will be fans and there will be those who claim their "childhood is ruined" because of the changes.

As if those changes have suddenly wiped the old show(s) from the face of the earth...

Raph, King of the Sewers!  "> (Clever contractual obligation thingy)

There is nothing a good bapping won't cure!

"                   
Shredder
Rocksteady

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 07:31:53 PM »

for me, it's not so much the child hood is ruined, it's the PERCEPTION of the good memories of said child hood.

it took me a YEAR to appreciate anything ghostbusters again.   anytime i even looked at something related to it, all i could think of was endless femenism arguments.  ugh. brought me right back into the mess i'd rather forget.

in that case, i can understand the ruined child hood, because your perceptions of something you once enjoyed is ruined by others.

Raphael
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 06:44:52 AM »

I guess I've just never allowed something to make me feel it had ruined a part of my life, so I don't always understand the "ruined my childhood" line.

Back when I was a kid (waaaay long time ago *G*), I loved watching the Looney Tunes cartoons (well, still do). Then came the 80s and they started airing them - edited - BADLY. My friend & I talked about this and how they might as well have just left it alone...but my childhood memories remained intact. And, eventually, they started issuing DVDs with the unedited versions.

For instance, any of the recent movies or cartoons. I've seen too many people going on and on about how horrible they are/not the same as the 80s/90s cartoons/movies, etc. Then they'll say how their childhood has been ruined. Part of the blame lies with the people complaining. Don't like the movies? Fine. Say that you don't, explain why, whatever...then let it go. If you keep dwelling on how much you hate it, yeah, it will ruin things for you.

When people say that their entire childhood was ruined because something they love has evolved...well, if they dwell on it and keep mentioning how it has been ruined, then I think they're partially to blame.

Just my two cents, as it were...

"                   
Shredder
Rocksteady

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 12:14:54 PM »

When people say that their entire childhood was ruined because something they love has evolved...well, if they dwell on it and keep mentioning how it has been ruined, then I think they're partially to blame.

try seeing it repeated everywhere, un able to get away from it.  checking out comments to see if anything is different in them, not being dissapointed. seeing nothing but hate and arguing and..ugh.

eventually if you see enough of it, it will change your viewpoint on things. even if you try to avoid it.
and most of the time with modern reboots, things don't evolve. They DE-Volve.  or, in the case of the Nick cartoon, gets so confusing that it doesn't know if it wants to be serious, a Mirage purist, a Fred Wolf Tribute, a Horror film, or any number of issues i didn't care for Wink.

although this one didn't ruin my child hood.  nor did those god awful PD flicks.   I can still enjoy what was had before.

Raphael
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 06:39:58 AM »

The key is to assume most humans are idiots who think theirs is the only opinion that matters...or is right...and that they'll never change their minds. Then you stop expecting to see anything different, so you can stop checking for different stuff before it beats you down.  Wink

The Nick toon tries to pay tribute to all genres...sometimes it works, sometimes not. Still better than most cartoons on TV today...and better than some of the TMNT stuff that has come out in the past.   LOL

"                   
Foot Soldier

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 03:08:30 PM »

I think once fans learn of the origin of the TMNT, they should complain less about "stop ruining my childhood!".

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled