TMNT-L Forums
April 25, 2017, 02:29:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Real Ghostbusters  (Read 21 times)
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« on: April 18, 2017, 03:45:33 PM »

As a kid I went through many fandoms.  Including Ghostbusters, had a big collection of toys and such.  I watched the cartoon all the time.  Though once I got into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I didn't see Ghostbusters anymore, besides for the stuff I had in my collection.  I'd watch the movies, but the cartoon became a fond memory of my past.  But if anyone asked me about any of the episodes of the Real Ghostbusters, I wouldn't be able to answer questions.

Things I could answer was:
I was a fan of the show
My favorite characters were Ray and Peter
I had the toys

Well Netflix has put The Real Ghostbusters on as a show we can watch.  I kept looking at it, thinking should I watch it.  I know going back and watching other shows of my past has made me slap my face not remembering how corny they were.  So I'd skim over it, not wanting to ruin the memory of my childhood.  Till a few nights ago when Miki and HamatoKameko was watching Real Ghostbusters in the other room.  I went in and sat down watching a few episodes with them, then decided to start over and go through the series myself.  And WOW am I impressed this was an 80's cartoon that can stand up today!  Why isn't this being rerunned anywhere?  It should not just be on Netflix!

I think what impressed me the most is how they fit the movie into the TV show.  I will do a spoiler area for that, for those who'd like to watch the show to see what I mean without reading a spoiler here.  I am still on Season one, episode 31 and enjoying the series so far. 

Anyone else a fan from the past?
Any new fans who found it on Netflix?
Anyone else just coming back to this cartoon thanks to Netflix?

Talk here!

In the episode "Take Two" the Ghostbusters go to CA where the Ghostbuster Movie is being made, even asked to go over the script.  At the end of the episode they go to a theater to see the premier of the movie. Where clips of the movie is shown.  In the next episode they explain how Slimer becomes part of the team, which is also connected to the movie.  The movie is story arc is brought up many other times as well.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled