TMNT-L Forums
August 15, 2018, 08:24:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Motor City Comic Con 2018  (Read 289 times)
Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« on: May 21, 2018, 10:39:19 PM »

I can't believe this was year 21 for me at Motor City Comic Con, according to their book they been around 29 years.  I can't say I was there at the beginning, but I can say I've been going for a long time now. 

This year was a very Turtle year for me at Motor City Comic Con, as they had plenty of TMNT guests and a lot of fans.  I enjoyed seeing everyone from Michelangelo, Casey Jones to Bebop!  And I spent a little bit each day talking with Rob Paulsen. 

For me, the highlight of the convention were the other TMNT fans this year.  I made new friends and spoiled friends who've been around for awhile.  I brought smiles, laughters and tears of joy to my fellow TMNT fans and it made the weekend great for me.  I did not do any shopping, I did not go and see each guest who worked on TMNT as lines were long and I wasn't going to go through just to say hi, when I knew I couldn't buy.  I really didn't know how this weekend was going to go. 

A big shout out to Dwight!  He got me laughing each time we saw each other and I do think he saw things he never thought he'd see this weekend from a TMNT #1 first printing to Tokka's hand.  An artist who stopped me to say hello and talk Turtles, because I was wearing TMNT.  Our first conversation was 4 hours long, and is one of my favorite moments, getting to hear his passion and love towards the Turtles, esp the Mirage Turtles.

A shout out to Bulma, a local friend who forgot that the con was this weekend and almost did not make it.  We got her to join us for Sunday.  I introduced her to Rob, as she reminded him of her previous meetings with him and she joined us for the Rob Paulsen panel.   I enjoyed spending the morning with her!

A shout out to Usagi!  A friend with an awesome Usagi costume, he did not think he'd be able to make it to the convention this year but found he was able to swing it.  We got to talk a little bit, and I got a good picture of him with Rob Paulsen.

I will give a better detailed review of this con later, and tomorrow I'll share a link to a story on Cowabunga Corner for this convention.  Overall, a great time!

Michaelangelo
Battle Nexus Champion
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Never pay full price for a late pizza

iveyangelo IveyAngelo IveyAngelo
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 10:05:02 AM »

My first post from this Years Motor City Comic Con on Cowabunga Corner is up, which includes a video interview with Rob Paulsen. 

Check it out: http://www.cowabungacorner.com/content/ccn-rob-paulsen-interview-may-2018

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled