TMNT-L Forums
July 23, 2017, 06:37:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 [1131]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread Killer..  (Read 970548 times)
Raphael
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

Mess with the best, get bapped like the rest!

« Reply #16950 on: July 18, 2017, 06:47:37 AM »

Not even 8:00am and I'm ready to go home and go to bed.

Not a good start to the day.

Raph, King of the Sewers!  "> (Clever contractual obligation thingy)

There is nothing a good bapping won't cure!

"                   
BubblyShell22
Fugitoid

« Reply #16951 on: July 18, 2017, 05:34:13 PM »

Sorry for the absence. Been busy. Mom's biopsy was normal and Dad is getting both speech and occupational therapy so that's a good thing even if it is temporary. Have new things to work on with him so I do that every morning. Internet bill came and I wasn't over my minutes which makes me think it was Microsoft Edge that was eating up my data. Still staying off of FF Dot Net just in case though I don't think my minutes will go over this month.

"A warrior who never fails, never learns." --The Ancient One.
Raphael
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #16952 on: July 19, 2017, 07:14:29 AM »

No prob, Bubbly, glad things seem to be working out ok for you.

"                   
Shredder
Rocksteady

« Reply #16953 on: July 19, 2017, 04:20:56 PM »

Well.

The 13th Doctor is a woman.

Should be interesting...not just to see how the writing, etc. are but to see if the ratings do take a plummet due to the "My life is ruined. How could you cast a woman?" naysayers who will never watch the show again.

then it's simple, you don't need those viewers.

this whole gender complaint nonsense and switching of gender and race things for pre existing characters really ruins fandom for me.
in some cases I can see the argument justified (ghostbusters was done for the wrong reasons).  in something like dr.who, where unless there is a rule setup where he can't be a woman, then there should be no complaints.  just see how it unfolds like any other doctor. don't make a big fuss over it internet.

BubblyShell22
Fugitoid

« Reply #16954 on: July 19, 2017, 05:18:10 PM »

So far things are working out fine, but we'll see how things go.

Didn't know the new Doctor is supposed to be a woman. Not sure how I feel about this, but we'll see how it goes. I just hope they aren't doing this for the whole female empowerment thing.

"A warrior who never fails, never learns." --The Ancient One.
Shredder
Rocksteady

« Reply #16955 on: July 19, 2017, 07:50:23 PM »

I just hope they aren't doing this for the whole female empowerment thing.

sadly that is the reason most of it is done these days.  all this pointless drama and the arguing has drained alot out of me in the last year.

Raphael
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #16956 on: July 20, 2017, 07:10:09 AM »

As near as I can tell, there's never been anything to say the Doctor had to be male. Some people are complaining because "He's always been a man" (yeah, over a hundred years ago people always had slaves, doesn't make it right...), some are complaining because it's just the BBC trying to be politically correct, some are complaining that it's the same thing as the Doctor having a sex change operation (which they feel is wrong for religious reasons - but it's ok for the character to repeatedly be resurrected (regenerate).

Considering the core of Doctor Who is change, and acceptance, there are a lot of fans who are unable to do either.

"                   
Shredder
Rocksteady

« Reply #16957 on: July 20, 2017, 11:37:32 AM »

As near as I can tell, there's never been anything to say the Doctor had to be male. Some people are complaining because "He's always been a man" (yeah, over a hundred years ago people always had slaves, doesn't make it right...), some are complaining because it's just the BBC trying to be politically correct, some are complaining that it's the same thing as the Doctor having a sex change operation (which they feel is wrong for religious reasons - but it's ok for the character to repeatedly be resurrected (regenerate).

Considering the core of Doctor Who is change, and acceptance, there are a lot of fans who are unable to do either.

Or they DID, but in this day and age of being beat over the head by un rational people who claim everyone hates women, minorities, or other social issues, despite constant claims that they don't, just don't care anymore and complain for the sake of complaining. 

during the last year of feigbusters, I got SO tired of trying to explain why I didn't like this movie that should never have existed, I stopped caring and just started constantly trashing it without adding anything of substance. 

i think people are getting tired of social overload these days.

Raphael
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #16958 on: July 21, 2017, 07:01:06 AM »

My issue with people complaining is that too many of them think that theirs is the only opinion that matters, so they must make sure to shout it from the rooftops. And they keep on shouting it so they don't hear anyone else's thoughts.

Political correctness is necessary, that's becoming evident as more and more people are feeling it's perfectly acceptable to insult (even attack) people who are different from them for no reason other than the fact that they are different. But it can be (and has been) taken too far, to the point that people feel insulted by anything and everything. And, tying back to my first comment, people think they have every right to be offended by everything. And that everyone else should bow down when they are offended.

"                   
Shredder
Rocksteady

« Reply #16959 on: July 21, 2017, 01:43:44 PM »

But it can be (and has been) taken too far, to the point that people feel insulted by anything and everything. And, tying back to my first comment, people think they have every right to be offended by everything. And that everyone else should bow down when they are offended.

tying back in  to my past post ;o)

I've sadly run into far too many of these people to count and it's actually caused me to stop caring.  trying to talk with this people is an endless exercise in insanity.  one reason why i'm thinking of totally giving up message boards..

Raphael
TMNT-L Mod Squad+
Leonardo

« Reply #16960 on: Yesterday at 08:12:27 AM »

I might say something once or twice but the minute I get the idea that someone is of the "My mind's made up, don't confuse me with facts" mindset, I just shut up. And, if possible, ignore them. In some cases, I have left specific message boards because the stupid was just too rampant but, most of the time, ignoring works. *G*

"                   
Shredder
Rocksteady

« Reply #16961 on: Yesterday at 08:25:09 PM »

On one certain turtle related board, all the people on my ignore list actually started a 'please ban me' thread and no one else joined in with them ;o).   on a certain prop related board, i've run into NOTHING but over excited SJW's who just where un chattable and insane, and I got banned simply for sticking up for myself.

it's weird. i've  never been considered a troll, or a trouble maker up until the last year....simply for defending against misandry....3rd wave militant femenism, speaking up for integrity of a show and it's characters, and any number of evil ideas that people don't realize come off as totally insulting.

you're right. sometimes, ignoring these type of people works.  other times, ESPECIALLY when the mods agree with them and they know they won't get in trouble for speaking out with hate, they get far more brazen and you simply can't avoid their crazy.  that's when i stop caring.

i've run into far too many of that type and intelligent conversation has all but vanished these days sadly...sigh.  if i didn't get banned from that prop forum board, i probably would have left on my own eventually...toying around with giving the other forum a break too.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:26:40 PM by Shredder » Logged

Pages: Prev 1 ... 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 [1131]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.

BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled